Not applicable

Shaw is far behind Telus who is offering 8 4K channels

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
17 Replies

Re: When will shaw introduce 4K channels

shaw-tony

Hey waltv

Thank you for your enthusiasm for 4K content. There is lots of development happening in the broadcast world right now, not just with 4K, but the eventual start of HDR broadcasting (an even bigger step forward in picture quality). I certainly appreciate your feedback and will pass it along. Feel free to check out https://community.shaw.ca/docs/DOC-6651 for more details.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

Not applicable

Thanks for your reply, however you didn't actually answer the question. Your competition is now offering 8 4K channels. TSN, Sportsnet, and more. If I was with Telus, I could right now view hockey in 4K for example.

I really don't care about "lots of development happening in the broadcast world". The point is there is nothing happening with Shaw compared to Telus TV. 

If this is the best answer that Shaw can offer I will jump ship. 

When is Shaw going to offer the same? Is it weeks, months, or years away?

sushihunter
Grasshopper

4K?

I'd be happy if Shaw could just get Fox News (ch 142 in Vancouver) in 1080p HD !

How many more years do I have to keep asking before FNC is available?

Seriously Shaw, it's 2019 already!

wileyk
Grasshopper

Not to stray away from the original question here of 4K but I definitely agree with "sushihunter's" comment above! There are LOTS of us out here wanting Fox News in high def! (ch 255 on BlueSky Van. Island) I was at my brothers in Sask. for X-mas and he has FNC in high def on Sask-Tel maxTV. I don't understand!

Not applicable

I agree wileyk!  I'm waiting for 4K Fox as well, along with a bunch of other channels available right now, however shaw is unable to deliver and refuses to give any indication of when. I even called them, they refuse to answer.  Which tells me they are a long ways off. 

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

which Shaw are losing customers especially cable.  i highly doubt they will be ahead.  it a sad time for Shaw.  

chances are getting more hd and 4k channels are very slim.  

sushihunter
Grasshopper

Yes, I am very tempted to switch to Telus so that I can get Fox News in HD.

Telus has had FNC in 1080p HD for years now!

It's bad enough that I have to pay an extra $10 per month to get the SD channel.

For the $175/month I pay for my Shaw service, I expect more... much more.

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

go for it, they re cheaper and you get more for less and yes i'm going back to sasktel as soon i can afford my contract.

0 Kudos

replying to Shaw Tony: myself and as Waltv has asked, WHE...

JeffK
Grasshopper

replying to Shaw Tony: myself and as Waltv has asked, WHEN will shaw customers be able to expect 4K channels to be available? I have just seen an ad for Samsung and they are rolling out 8K TVs. So while technology is being released customers can't even utilize the options and potential that we pay for with these TVs. So my original and Waltv's question is WHEN can shaw users expect to see 4K on our shaw programming? Certainly it's been planned for quite some time and  must have an idea for a release time for it? Customers are wanting to know please and thank you.

TALK TO US
We're here to help