where can i obtain a replacement shaw cable box

ps10
Grasshopper

Labels (1)
6 Replies

If it is one that has failed and not one of the retired b...

rstra
Grand Master

If it is one that has failed and not one of the retired boxes, you might be able to get Shaw to swap it for you. You could also buy one from somewhere like Kijiji or Marketplace, they are usually pretty cheap there. Just don’t buy any of the legacy boxes listed on this page and make sure you contact Shaw with the serial number to make sure it wasn’t a rental and is ok to ad to your account.

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-articles/about-legacy-tv-box-upgrade-program/ta-p/9242

0 Kudos

-- if you have a "retired" set-top box, just contact Shaw...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@ps10 -- if you have a "retired" set-top box, just contact Shaw ( www.shaw.ca/chat or 1-888-472-2222 ).

Shaw definitely will ship (via Canada Post) a replacement box to you, because they want you to keep paying monthly fees to them.

If your box is malfunctioning, contact Shaw. They will trouble-shoot, and will replace it, if necessary.

0 Kudos

Hopefully the comment that they will 'repair / replace is...

donmarshall
Grasshopper

Hopefully the comment that they will 'repair / replace is accurate.  My Direct receiver seems to gone down, and it appears they only rent receivers very high cost for what is actually in them).  Trying the 'chat line' has been and exercise in frustration -- they do not 'answer' directly - just say they will bet back to you within 10 minutes  -- and hour goes by or more - not response!

0 Kudos

--  My Direct receiver seems to gone down, and it appears...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@donmarshall --  My Direct receiver seems to gone down, and it appears they only rent receivers

Well, if it is a rental, then Shaw should replace it, under the terms of the rental.

Have you tried telephoning Shaw: 1-888-472-2222  ???

The "fine print" on www.ShawDirect.ca states:

Net $0 offer on three HD receivers is based on a combined $17.97 per month price for 3 HD receivers less a $17.97 per month hardware credit.

Basic installation is provided at no cost for at least the first receiver for qualified customers only, on approved credit (OAC).

Installation fees apply to additional hardware and range from $49.99 to $99.99.

Some areas may be considered self-serve and are outside of regular Shaw Direct installation areas.

A multi-receiver fee (MRF) of $5.99 per month may apply for customers with 2 or more receivers.

So, you could ask Shaw for a second HD receiver, and swap it in to replace the current one.

0 Kudos

Our box is not working

BrendaWeintz
Grasshopper

Our box is not working

Contact Rogers.

rstra
Grand Master

@BrendaWeintz  Contact Rogers.

TALK TO US
We're here to help