Where is channel 271 local weather channel

Wooshy
Grasshopper

We used to watch local weather channel daily but it disappeared unexpectedly. Where is channel 271 local weather channel?

Labels (1)
26 Replies

Hi, looks like Shaw has once again messed up a great chan...

mycom63
Grasshopper

Hi, looks like Shaw has once again messed up a great channel.

Having spoken with three seperate Shaw reps, and having received three different answers i'm now posting it here for all to see.

We recently switched over to the new blue curve application, at which point channel 271 which was our local weather channel. Channel 272 appeared and offered the weather on this channel instead but it only updates the local weather in Victoria, which is about 3.5 hrs away and certainly has a different weather pattern than up here in Comox.  

Very disapointed with the loss of this channel. Please don't suggest I key up the blue sky mic and request local Comox weather as this feed is simply a static feed that is periodically updated. I want the same service programming for our location that is presently being offered in Victoria.

Time for Shaw to step up to the plate and fix their mess, or at least explain to its users, when we can expect to see its return. One shouldn't have to complain about its removal before Shaw takes action. Shaw needs to be proactive, not reactive.

cc letter of Concern issued to "The Weather Network"

I got the answer from Shaw, that the channel was removed...

Wooshy
Grasshopper

I got the answer from Shaw, that the channel was removed nationally. Too bad Shaw did not think of their locals also, and reinstate it  locally. I tried to email the Weather Network and received no response. This is not the only problem (s) that I have encountered with with Shaw.

The channel wasn’t removed in the souther interior of BC,...

rstra
Grand Master

The channel wasn’t removed in the souther interior of BC, we don’t have the BlueCurve enhancements here, so it is likely to disappear after we get the upgrade. 

Activate the voice command option on your remote then jus...

FredMo
Grasshopper

Activate the voice command option on your remote then just say  "weather app" it also gives you the option of adding other locations.

0 Kudos

It appears as though all subscribers have not lost the ch...

Wooshy
Grasshopper

It appears as though all subscribers have not lost the channel 271, Courtenay local weather, I was in the MacDonald' eatery  2 days ago and watched that channel. It was a.Shaw feed. Sure wish I knew why they could get it, and not the average subsciber??

A representative from Shaw tech suggests that in order to...

Wooshy
Grasshopper

A representative from Shaw tech suggests that in order to provide more (garbage) channels on the BLUE Curve system the weather channel was removed, it did not fill the bill, that our Comox Valley area, was  not, is not big enough, not enough subscribers,  So due to the type of feed, Blue Sky,  channel 271 was sacrificed so that more (garbage) channels could be fed onto the network. If 271 is required by a subscriber that subscriber would have to revert backwards and elect the earlier equipment to acquire a missing channel.

Try the distance between the Sault and the East coast! To...

Georgie2
Grasshopper

Try the distance between the Sault and the East coast! Totally different weather!

Well we just lost our channel 271 giving our local weathe...

Shirl108
Grasshopper

Well we just lost our channel 271 giving our local weather on Shaw blue curve - we are very upset! The weather network is on 272 still but shows thunder bay which is 7 hours away! Who gives a sh#t about their weather!! Unfortunately we are locked in for two years currently - can’t wait for that time frame to be over so we can look for a new provider!! Way to go Shaw!! I have always been happy with them but have had a change of heart for sure!!! Shaw sucks!!!!!!!

Totally agree with you!!!

Shirl108
Grasshopper

Totally agree with you!!!

TALK TO US
We're here to help