Why Doesn't The Total TV Package Include Much Music HD ????

bostonbob
Grasshopper

I recently switched my TV package from Medium TV to the Total TV package and one thing bothers me - the fact that the Much Music HD channel isn't part of this package. Looking over the channel line-up Much Music is the only channel that the Total TV package ( at least for Gateway customers ) doesn't include both the SD version and the HD version if both are available. Now I know that I can just add this HD channel but it seems a waste of money to spend an extra $6/month for just one channel and adding the Inside & Outside theme pack for $8/month is not an option either as I already get every other channel except for the Much Music HD channel. So can somebody from SHAW please explain why Much Music HD is not included in the Total TV package ????

Labels (1)
12 Replies

I see 501 Much HD that is available on BlueCurve TV, and...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

I see 501 Much HD that is available on BlueCurve TV, and "123 Much" and "276 Much HD" on "basic" (including Gateway) TV.

Are you subscribed to that channel?

0 Kudos

The Much Music SD channel ( 24 here in Vancouver ) is inc...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

@mdk wrote:

I see 501 Much HD that is available on BlueCurve TV, and "123 Much" and "276 Much HD" on "basic" (including Gateway) TV.

@mdk wrote:

The Much Music SD channel ( 24 here in Vancouver ) is included in the Total TV package but the HD channel ( 276 in Vancouver ) is not part of the Total TV package for Gateway customers. That really doesn't make any sense to me as every other channel that has both versions has both the SD channel and the HD channel included in the Total TV package.

0 Kudos

There doesn't seem to be any sense to their "total" packa...

mistiblu
Grasshopper

There doesn't seem to be any sense to their "total" packages. With blucurve I'm stuck with a million sports and news channels I'll never watch yet TCM is extra as is Much! Just leaves me shaking my head...

0 Kudos

Well I'm hoping that Valerie or Tony ( or anybody from SH...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

Well I'm hoping that Valerie or Tony ( or anybody from SHAW ) can answer my question about the exclusion of Much Music HD channel in the Total TV package.

0 Kudos

Much Music isn't part of the Total TV package. The SD fee...

shaw-valerie

@bostonbob Much Music isn't part of the Total TV package. The SD feed of this channel is included as part of the Limited TV package (Total TV includes all channels in Limited TV, plus additional popular channels on top.)

0 Kudos

Valerie - I know that but WHY isn't it included in the To...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

@shaw-valerie wrote:

@bostonbob Much Music isn't part of the Total TV package. The SD feed of this channel is included as part of the Limited TV package (Total TV includes all channels in Limited TV, plus additional popular channels on top.)

Valerie - I know that but WHY isn't it included in the Total TV package ???? Much Music is the only channel that is part of the Total TV package that has both an HD version and a SD version available but the Total TV package only includes the SD version. Every other channel that has both an HD version and a SD version that is part of the Total TV package has both versions included.

I think you're not understanding @shaw-valerie's reply he...

Flooters
Grasshopper

I think you're not understanding @shaw-valerie's reply here.

They are saying Much Music is NOT part of the Total TV package. Total TV does not come with Much Music. There are, however, some channels where the SD version of it is part of Limited TV (basic cable package) and because Total TV also includes everything in the Limited TV, you get the SD version of Much Music. It sounds like if you want the HD version of Much Music you'll need a package that actually has that channel OR add it on extra.

0 Kudos

Flooters - no offense but it sounds like you are not unde...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

@Flooters wrote:

I think you're not understanding @shaw-valerie's reply here.

They are saying Much Music is NOT part of the Total TV package. Total TV does not come with Much Music. There are, however, some channels where the SD version of it is part of Limited TV (basic cable package) and because Total TV also includes everything in the Limited TV, you get the SD version of Much Music. It sounds like if you want the HD version of Much Music you'll need a package that actually has that channel OR add it on extra.

Flooters - no offense but it sounds like you are not understanding what I am saying. For the absolute last time - I know that Much Music HD is not part of the Total TV package but I would like to know why. Every other channel in the Total TV package that has both an HD version and a SD version has both versions included in the Total TV package. Why can't SHAW just add the Much Music HD version to the Total TV package ???? As for adding it myself - as I mentioned in my opening post in this thread it seems a bit expensive to pay $6/month for just one extra channel and getting the Inside & Outside theme pack for $8/month is useless as the Total TV package contains every channel in that theme pack except for ( wait for it.....wait for it ) Much Music HD.

0 Kudos

You would think that Shaw would just drop all SD channels...

rstra
Grand Master

You would think that Shaw would just drop all SD channels where they have an HD version of the same channel. Time for Shaw to migrate all customers from SD. 

TALK TO US
We're here to help