Why the frequent reboots/service disruptions?

budsgirl
Grasshopper

I am in West Vancouver.  For the second time in the last few days my 3510 PVR suddenly rebooted in the middle of the day. This happened on Monday around 5 PM and it just happened today at 2 PM. It took about 15 minutes to come back on today but nothing would respond other than changing channels, no menus no recording list, nothing.   Then all of a sudden the PVR read PSLd and the screen turn to black with the shawl logo saying "login error trying to reconnect".     So nothing is working.  What is going on ?

Labels (1)
8 Replies

Re: Why the frequent reboots/service disruptions?

budsgirl
Grasshopper

Apparently this is a problem on Shaw's side with the HD PVR's.  They just keep rebooting over and over again.  Spoke to a tech on the cha function. There is a service alert but it's not showing up on the page.

0 Kudos

elkfordian
Grasshopper

I'm having the same problem. it is very annoying. 

0 Kudos

shaw-tamara

Hi elkfordian 

Are you still having trouble with this? I haven't heard of any widespread issues but if the box is still rebooting itself, I'd recommend reaching out to our technical support team so they can take a closer look. You can find our contact information on https://www.shaw.ca/contact-us/

0 Kudos

michellej
Grasshopper

I live in North Van and my box is rebooting randomly daily. Often multiple times per day. It has been doing this since December

0 Kudos

shaw-tamara

Hi michellej 

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble with your cable box rebooting. I'd recommend reaching out to our technical support team so they can take a look for you. You can find the contact information on https://www.shaw.ca/contact-us/

0 Kudos

Not applicable

I had this issue and a tech came by and said it was due to a weak signal going the box. He did a few things on site but I believe he had someone at their office boost the signal. He also upgraded our PVR since it was a few years old now. Since that happened we've experienced .. less... issues.

0 Kudos

Same thing is happening to one of my tv/cable boxes. One...

Means
Grasshopper

Same thing is happening to one of my tv/cable boxes. One seems fine but our bedroom tv is displaying the same issue you describe. Reached out to Shaw via text and telephone. Said they’d return the call yesterday, no response. Text said theyd hook me up with tech support, nothing yet! Very disappointed in customer support so far. I’m on hold listening to a repetitive click, click, click and announcements over and over. I pity the poor people who have to deal with this crap! Robots are all we have so learn to live with it FFS! 

-- if you physically "swap" your 2 boxes -- box A to loca...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Means -- if you physically "swap" your 2 boxes -- box A to location B, and box B to location A -- does the issue stay with the box, or does the issue stay with the location?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help