Notification of the box charge was on your last bill.

rstra
Grand Master

@ColtonW24Notification of the box charge was on your last bill. 

I can't believe it - what a scam.  I am in exactly the sa...

capzi1
Grasshopper

I can't believe it - what a scam.  I am in exactly the same boat, every price is going up and offerings getting reduced.  Boxes are moving up to $15 / month in September.  Not sure how, but I am going to note this to the competition bureau.  They allow this reduced competition and we have to fund the merger by paying $150 more per month.  Disgusting

ColtonW24
Grasshopper

0 Kudos

Don't see any notice anywhere on the July bill. There is...

ColtonW24
Grasshopper

@rstra Don't see any notice anywhere on the July bill. There is a notice on the August bill, but that's the bill the price went up.

0 Kudos

I was able to send a comment to the Competition Bureau he...

ColtonW24
Grasshopper

@capzi1 I was able to send a comment to the Competition Bureau here: Merger Review Process and Feedback Form (canada.ca)

I am on prepay, so probably why I saw it in July.

rstra
Grand Master

@ColtonW24  I am on prepay, so probably why I saw it in July. 

That's great - seeing feedback now. Not sure it will do a...

capzi1
Grasshopper

That's great - seeing feedback now. Not sure it will do anything - but makes me feel better. Trlus having good promotion so time to switch I guess

I have been with Shaw for almost 30 years. Rodgers will n...

garryerfle
Grasshopper

I have been with Shaw for almost 30 years. Rodgers will not get another day of my business when my contract ends. This big price gouge on equipment rental increases is criminal. The CRTC is also to blame. They love helping screw Canadians. 

I think that’s how mine is too. My bills are a month in a...

ColtonW24
Grasshopper

@rstra “I am on prepay, so probably why I saw it in July.”

I think that’s how mine is too. My bills are a month in advance (so the August bill is for services from September 14 to October 13).

The rental fee/discount structure on my bill is a bit odd. Before the increase, there was a $20 rental discount under the “Currently Monthly Services” section, as well as a $20 rental discount under the Promotions section. With the 3 boxes being listed at $45, this made it $5 a month (which was the rental fee for the third box).

On the latest bill, the 3 boxes remain at $45, but the $20 discount under Current Services dropped to $5.80, while the $20 discount under “Promotions” remains unchanged. So now the rental cost is $19.20.

I guess the discount under “Promotions” is the included first box, while the one under “Current Monthly Services” was the “complimentary discount” for the second box.

Anyways I’m not really sure why the first discount is now $5.80. Shouldn’t it be $6? Considering  the second box should work out to $7 and the third box should be $12. So the total cost is $0.20 more than it should. Unless it’s some “pro-rated” thing, that will clear up on the next bill.

0 Kudos

I think you have to have at least one TV Player, right? S...

ColtonW24
Grasshopper

@rstra I think you have to have at least one TV Player, right? So you can’t just skip rental fees altogether and go solely with Fire TV sticks.

I’m probably going to return my third box and just get a Fire TV Stick Lite. It’s on sale for $30 right now. I don’t really need 4K playback and I mostly watch recorded content anyways. Would break even in 3 months! 😄

0 Kudos