call blocking is not working

landrew
Grasshopper

I am constantly being awakened at 4 AM by spam faxers from the east coast.  I immediately block them. 

Today I received two such sequential calls from numbers that I had previously blocked.  

What is the reason for this inexcusable lapse please?

Labels (1)
13 Replies

On your telephone that is provisioned by Shaw Phone, dial...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

On your telephone that is provisioned by Shaw Phone, dial <star><six><zero> ==> "*60".

Does the automated response state "your call-blocking service is now ON" ?

0 Kudos

I am thousands of miles from my phone.   The call blockin...

landrew
Grasshopper

I am thousands of miles from my phone.  

The call blocking service was certainly ON when I left home in December.  

No one has been there to turn it off.  So unless Shaw or "Mr. Nobody" did it, it should still be on.  

But, thanks for the suggestion.  It might help someone else, not me. 

0 Kudos

you can certainly check and change your settings through...

shaw-tony

@landrew you can certainly check and change your settings through your MyShaw account online with the steps here.

> I am thousands of miles from my phone.   Is it 4 AM whe...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> I am thousands of miles from my phone.  

Is it 4 AM where you are -- "thousands of miles away", or 4 AM where your Shaw Phone adapter is?

Have you done a Google-search for the caller's telephone-number, to try to see who is sending the faxes. Of course, it could be a "spoofed" telephone-number, maybe pointing to a "victim", instead of to the sender.

I had of course done this when I received the calls.  The...

landrew
Grasshopper

I had of course done this when I received the calls.  The number from which these spam faxes originated was blocked more than a year ago.  

0 Kudos

I had of course done this when these robocalls were first...

landrew
Grasshopper

I had of course done this when these robocalls were first received.  That is how I knew that the number had been blocked more than a year ago and had certainly never been unblocked.  

0 Kudos

I rather fail to see why your first question is relevant....

landrew
Grasshopper

I rather fail to see why your first question is relevant.  In fact, it is now 1 PM where I am currently, but the faxes were received at 1 AM...which doesn't make this any more acceptable.  I am usually asleep at both times.  

Of course I had done a search for and reported the number, it is a known robo-spammer.  I believe I am going to escalate this to the organization that handles complaints against Canadian telecoms providers, because this mechanism doesn't seem to be helping any.  I do realize you are just a volunteer, so thanks anyway.  

0 Kudos

I haven't heard of any reports of this feature suddenly t...

shaw-tony

@landrew I haven't heard of any reports of this feature suddenly turning off. I have it personally enabled with my home phone with no issues. Do you have multiple phone lines (mainline & a dedicated fax line) or just one?

0 Kudos

No, it says I cannot block.

Roaringwillie
Grasshopper

No, it says I cannot block.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help