Digital Phone Terminal

mac8
Grasshopper

Hello,

I currently have home phone as part of my Shaw package with an Arris phone terminal.  I also have Internet 600 with the BlueCurve Gateway.  According to the Shaw Digital Phone Terminal wiring guide the BlueCurve Gateway can act as the phone modem as well.  I’m interested in saving space and minimizing the amount of equipment.  I know the Arris terminal has a backup battery and the Gateway doesn’t but are there any other draw backs to using the BlueCurve Gateway instead of the Arris terminal.

Thank you in advance,

Mac

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

> According to the Shaw Digital Phone Terminal wiring gui...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> According to the Shaw Digital Phone Terminal wiring guide, the BlueCurve Gateway can act as the phone modem as well. 

If the manual says that the hardware can do it, the manual is probably correct.

The manual states: If you're a BlueCurve with Phone customer, connect your telephone ...

Have you verified with Shaw that your account is provisioned that way?

You could try connecting a POTS (plain old telephone (hand)set) into the TEL-1 port on the BlueCurve, to see if you get a dial-tone. Probably not.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.  I don't think I'm considered a Blu...

mac8
Grasshopper

Thanks for the reply.  I don't think I'm considered a BlueCurve customer so that makes sense why my home phone wasn't hooked up through the BlueCurve Gateway.  I did as you suggested and plugged a POTS into the telephone port and it didn't work.  Guess I'll have to call Shaw if I want my phone terminal switched.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help