Land line call blocking

Whelen
Grasshopper

Does Shaw have call blocking like Telus (i.e. if someone calls me that is not recognized, they have to key in another digit)?

Labels (1)
6 Replies

Hey there   We do have Spam Call Blocking! You can read a...

shaw-tommy

Hey there @Whelen 

We do have Spam Call Blocking! You can read about it here:https://bit.ly/3HWWejN and if you have any additional questions feel free to contact us here https://www.shaw.ca/contact-us

-Tommy

0 Kudos

2 seconds ago aaah - that's an incorrect statement f...

rossonovich
Grasshopper
2 seconds ago

aaah - that's an incorrect statement from you Shaw, and is false advertising for you to say so.  Your system is completely unable to block robo scam callers, it's a total joke this so called algorithm of yours.  I get at least 2 fake calls a day.  Shaw needs to do like Telus' anti scam and have a caller required to tap an additional key to be connected.  That system works.  I'm in the process of leaving Shaw because of this.  

Thank you for sharing your experience. No one wants to re...

shaw-daniel

@rossonovich Thank you for sharing your experience. No one wants to receive spam calls. By filling out this report spam form, you can help us improve our robocall mitigation tools to track and block unsolicited telemarketing calls.

You can also submit further suggestions via “Your Voice” on our website here. We can share them with the appropriate stakeholders, and your feedback about how we can improve the spam call screening will be tracked and reported on.

Tell the Shaw programmer to look into what Telus offers i...

JHC2
Grasshopper

Tell the Shaw programmer to look into what Telus offers its landline customers, because it works and Shaw's "Spam Blocker" doesn't work.  Shaw's system blocks out legitimate calls, like one s from from my doctor calling me for an appointment, but lets through many calls from fake Amazon or fake CRA or fake credit card companies trying to scam people.  Telus has a simple system that actually works, as described above

0 Kudos

Yes I totally agree Shaw needs to take a lead from Telus...

Mavon
Grasshopper

Yes I totally agree Shaw needs to take a lead from Telus and get ahead of the curve, they are way behind on this feature.  Very very disappointing that they are unwilling to adopt this!

0 Kudos

-- at this time, I cannot find any information on Shaw's...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Mavon -- at this time, I cannot find any information on Shaw's web-site about the "challenge" option that Telus offers that forces each "live" caller to tap a digit to connect.  But, given the April 2023 purchase of Shaw by Rogers, you could try to check the Rogers web-site, after you migrate your phone-service from Shaw to Rogers.

How can you tell that Shaw is "unwilling" ? 

What "insider" information do you have about Shaw/Rogers plans for not-yet-announced services?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help