HLH2009
Grasshopper

Good morning

My phone is not working and has no dial tome and says check tel line

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

First thing: look at the lamps on your Shaw Digital Termi...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

First thing: look at the lamps on your Shaw Digital Terminal box.  No lamps lit up?

Second thing to try is to unplug the AC power from this Shaw device, remove (if possible) its backup battery, wait a few seconds, reconnect the battery, and see if any lamps light up. Then reconnect the AC power, and see if any lamps light up.

Tell us the results.

Also, access Shaw Support and enter: troubleshooting digital phone

to view selected articles about troubleshooting the various Shaw Digital Terminal devices.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Jump to solution

First thing: look at the lamps on your Shaw Digital Termi...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

First thing: look at the lamps on your Shaw Digital Terminal box.  No lamps lit up?

Second thing to try is to unplug the AC power from this Shaw device, remove (if possible) its backup battery, wait a few seconds, reconnect the battery, and see if any lamps light up. Then reconnect the AC power, and see if any lamps light up.

Tell us the results.

Also, access Shaw Support and enter: troubleshooting digital phone

to view selected articles about troubleshooting the various Shaw Digital Terminal devices.

Jump to solution

I unplugged the Shaw device and plugged it in again Looks...

sophie2012
Grasshopper

I unplugged the Shaw device and plugged it in again

Looks like all lights are lit but still no phone service

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I have not heard from you and I am on call for fire evacu...

sophie2012
Grasshopper

I have not heard from you and I am on call for fire evacuations which Kelowna is having right now so I need my phone

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- from a (borrowed?) cell-phone, contact Shaw Support (1...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@sophie2012 -- from a (borrowed?) cell-phone, contact Shaw Support (1-888-472-2222) to report your issue.  Are the fires in West Kelowna & Kelowna causing issues for all land-line customers (Shaw? Telus? others?).

See: www.cbc.ca/lite for a "text-only" version of the CBC web-site, for information.

Also, check: https://www.emergencyinfobc.gov.bc.ca for information by the BC Government.

It's 20 years, to the day, of the previous huge fires in the Kelowna area.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help