Advanced settings on Bluecurve greyed out...

Chanimal
Grasshopper

Been trying to tweak the modem setting via 10.0.0.1 or Bluecurve app, but got this:

Wi-Fi Mode, Security Mode, Channel Selection, Channel Mode, and Channel Bandwidth are being managed automatically to help optimize your home Wi-Fi network and improve Wi-Fi coverage.

But the Shaw FAQ actually teaches you to go to the exact place. to 

Labels (1)
12 Replies

generally those can be accessed through the BlueCurve App...

shaw-tony

@Chanimal generally those can be accessed through the BlueCurve App. To re-enable the advanced settings via 10.0.0.1, you will need to complete a pinhole factory reset on the modem. Once the equipment reboots, the settings should be available to configure.

0 Kudos

Nope. Done that. And spent an hour on the phone with tech...

Chanimal
Grasshopper

Nope. Done that. And spent an hour on the phone with tech about it. No dice. Guess Shaw decided to lock everyone up with a new firmware. No way to reset and bring those customizations back. 

Do you happen to have BlueCurve pods as well? That could...

shaw-valerie

@Chanimal Do you happen to have BlueCurve pods as well? That could cause these settings to be managed automatically as well.

0 Kudos

I did, but I don’t anymore. It still doesn’t allow for th...

Chanimal
Grasshopper

I did, but I don’t anymore. It still doesn’t allow for the advanced settings. 

Just to confirm, you have completed these steps to remove...

shaw-valerie

Just to confirm, you have completed these steps to remove the pods from your network, correct? Simply having them unplugged but still registered to your account would still cause those features to remain unavailable.

0 Kudos

Yup. Did all of that. They are not on the network, and di...

Chanimal
Grasshopper

Yup. Did all of that. They are not on the network, and did reset and factory reset multiple time.

This https://support.shaw.ca/t5/internet-articles/how-to-change-the-wifi-channel-on-shaw-modem/ta-p/6572#... tells us how it should work, but apparently, there is a newer article that says they are being automatically managed now... way to throttle by traffic!

both options should still be available after the factory...

shaw-tony

@Chanimal both options should still be available after the factory reset. Do you see a message on those options or are they only greyed out? For the BlueSky App, if you separate the networks, you should have more options to control them as well.

0 Kudos

Did a factory reset, pods are no longer on the network, g...

Chanimal
Grasshopper

Did a factory reset, pods are no longer on the network, gave the 2.4 and 5 two separate network names... still get all the advance settings greyed out with the message "Wi-Fi Mode, Security Mode, Channel Selection, Channel Mode, and Channel Bandwidth are being managed automatically to help optimize your home Wi-Fi network and improve Wi-Fi coverage." at the top of the page above the settings when I try to "Edit" either wifi networks when logged into 10.0.0.1.

They have been removed. Shaw killed access when they upda...

Techjunkie
Grasshopper

They have been removed. Shaw killed access when they updated the modem firmware to '"Blue Curve" and added the app. I went through this issue ages ago, and was told by a tech that Shaw removed access.

He wasn't happy that they did either,  FYI.

TALK TO US
We're here to help