Jump to solution

Automatic Payment Removal

lindsey13rooke
Grasshopper

Hello!

I disabled my automatic withdrawals last summer as I was double-charged a couple times. When I brought this to their attention, they gave me a credit and I didn't have to pay for a few months to make up for the double payments. I did decide to cancel the automatic withdrawal though, and just pay manually to avoid this problem in the future.

Once I was to start making payments again, they kept taking out the payments as well. This has continued every month since I disabled them and my account does state that auto payments are disabled... I contacted Shaw to inquire and was told that I was making the payments... This is not true because it is the exact same amount every time (same as what they used to withdraw) and it is different than the amount that I put on each month. Because of this, I have been paying my bill, as well as having Shaw take money out. This has caused multiple NSF fees from other bills that I had insufficient funds for because of Shaw taking money out of my account when they aren't supposed to.

Has anybody else had this issue? When I contact them they say that they aren't doing it, but my bank statements say otherwise.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

It might be worth checking your online banking and just c...

SP3CTRYS
Grasshopper

It might be worth checking your online banking and just confirm the auto-payments there have been canceled.

If Shaw is saying you are making the payments, chances are your bank is still sending money on your behalf. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Jump to solution

It might be worth checking your online banking and just c...

SP3CTRYS
Grasshopper

It might be worth checking your online banking and just confirm the auto-payments there have been canceled.

If Shaw is saying you are making the payments, chances are your bank is still sending money on your behalf. 

Jump to solution

Sometime last year, Shaw changed their billing-policy, to...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Sometime last year, Shaw changed their billing-policy, to invoice each customer for the "current" month, not the "future" month.  This caused a one-time invoice that was much higher.

But, through the My Shaw web-site, you can review "My Bills", and then scroll-down to "Transactions", to select to view/download all transactions for 2020, including payments that Shaw has received.

Jump to solution

I had to go to my bank and initiate a stop payment with S...

aaihill1
Grasshopper

I had to go to my bank and initiate a stop payment with Shaw.  Nothing else worked.

Jump to solution

You can start and stop auto payments in the My Shaw app.

rstra
Grand Master

@aaihill1 You can start and stop auto payments in the My Shaw app.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- ‎2020-04-20 06:51 AM Check via online banking, to conf...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rstra  -- 2020-04-20 06:51 AM

Check via online banking, to confirm that the bank's own auto-payment system to Shaw is inactive.

If Shaw is saying you are making the payments, your bank is still sending money on your behalf. 

Stop "manually" making the payments, because you have authorized the bank to make the payments from your account.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

i am not authorizing auto pay from my BMO credit card, i...

queen58ca
Grasshopper

i am not authorizing auto pay from my BMO credit card, i contacted someone last month to cancel all payments from my BMO credit card noe i have made a double payment you need to reimburse my BMO credit card 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where v...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@queen58ca -- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where volunteers try to help.

This forum is NOT a direct path to Shaw Support (1-888-472-2222).

My suggestion is to contact Shaw with your "account billing" issue.

P.S. Did you authorize your bank to make monthly payments to Shaw? Did you authorize Shaw to automatically debit your bank/credit-card ?

P.S. I think that Shaw will not "reverse" a charge. Typically, they credit your account, to be consumed on payment of your next invoice.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I need to stop the payment to my bill that I made yesterd...

Cloudyday202p
Grasshopper

I need to stop the payment to my bill that I made yesterday

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where v...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Cloudyday202p -- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where volunteers try to help.

This forum is not a direct path to Shaw Billing [1-888-472-2222]. 

If you do not cancel your payment, your next invoice from Shaw will be "zero". Is that a problem?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help