that is very odd. Is it just the Aria scale that doesn't...

shaw-tony

@Mdh that is very odd. Is it just the Aria scale that doesn't see the 2.4 Ghz channel or are other devices not detecting it as well?

0 Kudos

Nothing recognized it. Had to do a hard reset of the gate...

Mdh
Grasshopper

Nothing recognized it. Had to do a hard reset of the gateway to get it to broadcast the 2.4 GHz band, but working now.

0 Kudos

glad to hear it's working again. Let me know if you have...

shaw-tony

@Mdh glad to hear it's working again. Let me know if you have any other questions 🙂 

0 Kudos

While not "Band Steering" you can actually use the MAC Fi...

Welsh
Grasshopper

While not "Band Steering" you can actually use the MAC Filter Setting under the Gateway > Connection > WiFi to set the Mac Filtering Mode to Deny for the 5Ghz SSID and add your device into the WiFi Control List

You would see your device get disconnected from the network but if you tell it to re-connect it will re-join onto the 2.4Ghz SSID, useful if you need to force your phone to setup a device that only uses the 2.4Ghz band.

This sounds like a good idea as I am having trouble viewi...

Sigmund
Grasshopper

This sounds like a good idea as I am having trouble viewing my SkyBell and the guide for it says only connect to 2.4ghz.  However I can’t find the MAC setting area.  Is this in the Shaw bluecurve app?  Where?  Or do I have to look elsewhere?

0 Kudos

All be it delayed, this would be within your Modem Settin...

Welsh
Grasshopper

All be it delayed, this would be within your Modem Settings: https://support.shaw.ca/t5/internet-articles/how-to-log-in-to-your-shaw-wifi-modem/ta-p/6468

Thank you, this is the solution I was looking for.

anandzing
Grasshopper

Thank you, this is the solution I was looking for.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help