Jump to solution

Bandwidth/internet usage is showing incorrectly on my account

star099
Grasshopper

I logged into my account, went to the internet usage and for some reason it shows two months at a time (August 1st to October 24th) and it says I've used 995/500GB. What's going on? Why would it be showing two months when it still has the monthly limit?

In any case I definitely haven't used a terabyte in one single month, so something isn't right. Is anyone else's account showing two months?

I log into the service so I can get accurate information (since Windows and my bandwidth programs don't always agree with Shaw). So I gotta sort this out so I don't get charged for going over the limit or something.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

apologies for the confusion. Looks like it has lumped the...

shaw-tony

@star099 apologies for the confusion. Looks like it has lumped the data for two months together. You are allotted 500 GB per month, so within the two months using 995 GB, you are fine. We don't generally charge for bandwidth overages as it's based on fair use of your data allotment. We would recommend upgrading to an unlimited plan so you won't need to worry.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Jump to solution

are you on a unlimited bandwidth plan? If so I would just...

dragonstone634
Grasshopper

are you on a unlimited bandwidth plan? If so I would just forget about it and carry on

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Would be nice if I had an unlimited plan, I wouldn't need...

star099
Grasshopper

Would be nice if I had an unlimited plan, I wouldn't need to worry about logging in to check. But I'm on the 500gb one, so I'm stuck keeping an eye on my usage.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

apologies for the confusion. Looks like it has lumped the...

shaw-tony

@star099 apologies for the confusion. Looks like it has lumped the data for two months together. You are allotted 500 GB per month, so within the two months using 995 GB, you are fine. We don't generally charge for bandwidth overages as it's based on fair use of your data allotment. We would recommend upgrading to an unlimited plan so you won't need to worry.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply. I guess I can worry a bit less,...

star099
Grasshopper
Thank you for your reply. I guess I can worry a bit less, but just log in more to keep a closer eye on it. It's just kinda frustrating when Windows says I used 300GB and then it turns out it was a lot more. Oh well.
Jump to solution

I have the same problem. Now lumping 3 months together. S...

LoveBBCEarth
Grasshopper

I have the same problem. Now lumping 3 months together. Something is wrong with Shaw not breaking individual months since August 1. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

That isn't what we would expect to see. Get in touch with...

shaw-valerie

@LoveBBCEarth That isn't what we would expect to see. Get in touch with us here so that we can take a look at your account in more detail and see what can be done to resolve the problem.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I am on a unlimited plan, but My Shaw still shows a 500GB...

Mistic869
Grasshopper

I am on a unlimited plan, but My Shaw still shows a 500GB limit. Should i ignore or call to confirm that i actually am on a unlimited plan ? 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

if you recently made an upgrade, it may take up to one bi...

shaw-tony

@Mistic869 if you recently made an upgrade, it may take up to one billing cycle for that to update. You should be fine to ignore it 🙂

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I have never changed my browsing and download habits but...

Jeff74
Grasshopper

I have never changed my browsing and download habits but seems like the higher the bandwidth package (and I've had a few) the higher usage rates appear on my account.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help