Blocked Messages

webguy
Grasshopper

My son's sports organization uses TeamSnap to communicate with parents and athletes on important messages. The platform allows chatting amongst players, coaches and parents, it also has a mass mailing solution integrated to allow organizers to send out important information to everyone. 

You get the messages in the app, in the web portal and until about two weeks ago we were also getting them in our Shaw inboxes. The last e-mail message from TeamSnap was delivered to my inbox on 2023-05-28. Since then there have been 5 additional emails that were sent out that have not been received.

All messages from the organizers come from donotreply@email.teamsnap.com.

We have parents with @gmail.com, @Hotmail.com, @telus.com, @outlook.com and even @RogerS.com e-mail addresses and they are all getting the messages in their inboxes. Only our parents with @shaw.ca email seem to have problems receiving these messages. 

After a futile attempt dealing with Shaw Chat Support and even phone support I figured I would post here hoping that someone with actual knowledge of how email systems work and how Shaw's spam filter is configured sees this post and escalates to someone that can look into the issue.

This is very frustrating as it was working up until the 28th of May.

-- Paul 

Labels (1)
16 Replies

Looking at the TeamSnap site they suggest Service Provide...

webguy
Grasshopper

Looking at the TeamSnap site they suggest Service Providers whitelist the following e-mail addresses so that spam filters do not block the messages. I have added these to my allowed senders list, but this issue is more global as any parent with a @shaw.ca email address is unable to receive messages from TeamSnap.

• donotreply@email.teamsnap.com
  • hq@email.teamsnap.com
  • hq@secretlair.teamsnap.com
  • support@teamsnap.com
  • teamsnapinc@comms.teamsnap.com
  • message-tournaments@teamsnap.com
  • TeamSnapAcademy@teamsnap.com
  • support-tournaments@teamsnap.com
0 Kudos

--  I have added these to my allowed senders list Is that...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@webguy --  I have added these to my allowed senders list

Is that a list within your E-mail program, to allow those specific senders to NOT be spam-filtered by your E-mail program?  If so, the list will filter only the incoming messages to your ID.  This means that every subscriber to those mailing-lists will also need to add the same list of IDs into their own E-mail program.

>  any parent with a @shaw.ca email address is unable to receive messages from TeamSnap.

Does a parent find the messages in their "spam" (or "junk mail") folder, or do they not receive any message?

Any "undeliverable" E-mail should be "bounced" back to TeamSnap's Help Desk, along with an error-message, to explain why the message could not be delivered. Is their Help Desk processing or ignoring those messages?

Is Shaw "rate-limiting" messages from TeamSnap, e.g., "the first 500 messages per day from TeamSnap's systems will immediately be delivered, while the excess will be held until midnight (Calgary timezone) to be retried to be sent at that time"?

0 Kudos

This is a huge problem!  With multiple kids and multiple...

Zoogle
Grasshopper

This is a huge problem!  With multiple kids and multiple teams not getting emails is a nightmare. 

Messages are not going to junk. They simply are not showi...

Zoogle
Grasshopper

Messages are not going to junk. They simply are not showing up. The sender is not getting an undelivered message either. 

--  The sender is not getting an undelivered message ......

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Zoogle --  The sender is not getting an undelivered message ...

Is the sender sending directly to the receiver, e.g., "tim.2023@shaw.ca" to "sid.2023@shaw.ca", completely bypassing the TeamSnap network?  If so, then any "undeliverable" message will be sent to the sender.

Or, is the sender sending to a mailing-list managed by TeamSnap, and their mail-server is distributing the sender's message to all the subscribers of the mailing-list? If so, then any "undeliverable" message(s) will be sent to the "owners" of the mailing-list. In this case, the sender will NOT see any "undeliverable" message, because there is nothing that the sender can do, i.e., the sender has no way to remove any ID, such as the one with the problem, from the mailing-list.

Ask TeamSnap if they are seeing "undeliverable" messages for their mailing-lists.

0 Kudos

I came looking for info on this because I've had the exac...

rpauls1
Grasshopper

I came looking for info on this because I've had the exact same problem - I can see the e-mails in the TeamSnap app, but I don't always think to check.  It was working until a few weeks ago - probably around the same timeframe as you.  So frustrating.

I tried this and it does not work.  I'm still not getting...

rpauls1
Grasshopper

I tried this and it does not work.  I'm still not getting them.  I switched to my gmail account for now, hopefully someone fixes it at some point.  I also tried Shaw support and they seem to not understand what the issue is (they keep asking for details of my account, and aren't looking at it as a global issue).

0 Kudos

I too am having the same issue!  Chat isn't helping, Team...

Zeuropa
Grasshopper

I too am having the same issue!  Chat isn't helping, Team Snap isn't helping, it seems like a bit of a nightmare!  

0 Kudos

Tried ALL that, nothing works!

Zeuropa
Grasshopper

Tried ALL that, nothing works! 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help