Jump to solution

Blue Curve Pod not Connecting

cstevenson
Grasshopper

I also cannot get the pods to connect, I feel this is an issue with the actual pods and connections. I had a technician at my house too, he gave me the box and took off, after seeing all the issues I can see why he ran for the hills. Not impressed with the customer service that is for sure. I am also not interested in sitting on the phone on hold for hours to resolve. I hope someone from Shaw can provide a solution here!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Hi there , i just got the new modem and blue curve pods a...

JoV
Grasshopper

Hi there ,

i just got the new modem and blue curve pods and I had trouble connecting for a longtime trying and trying no luck, so what I did was go back on the curve app and it gave me the option to connect them manually and it worked...

So if your have troubles wait for the app to ask if you wanna connect manually and you have to go around to where you’ve setup all the pods and wait to connect and you should be good to go.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Jump to solution

At what point in the setup process are you encountering a...

shaw-valerie

@cstevenson At what point in the setup process are you encountering a problem? We have a walkthrough here on getting the BlueCurve pods set up. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Hi there , i just got the new modem and blue curve pods a...

JoV
Grasshopper

Hi there ,

i just got the new modem and blue curve pods and I had trouble connecting for a longtime trying and trying no luck, so what I did was go back on the curve app and it gave me the option to connect them manually and it worked...

So if your have troubles wait for the app to ask if you wanna connect manually and you have to go around to where you’ve setup all the pods and wait to connect and you should be good to go.

Jump to solution

A few days ago I could not get my 2 pods to remain connec...

MikeWD
Grasshopper

A few days ago I could not get my 2 pods to remain connected to the network (app would show that pods were on, then off line for no reason; light kept flashing green). Via phone call that lasted a hour (wasted time is my guess), Tech Support had me trying numerous things and ended up with asking me to send them back and they would send me 2 new ones. I had the same issue again with both new pods. What did work for me was to plug the pods into a socket within a few feet of the Gateway router and set them up (including naming them) with the BlueCurve app. I then unplugged them and moved them to two different locations in my house.  They rebooted and this worked just fine (and I suspect would have worked with the first 2 pods).  So, the lesson here is, do not try and set them up where they will end up being used; set them up near the Gateway unit then move them. Also helpful to know that when the pod is working fine, the app is happy and there is no light at all on the pod (Tech Support told me that a solid white light on the pod meant it was working fine. Nope). Clicking the Connect icon at the bottom of the app screen shows which devices are connected to the Gateway and which ones are connected to the individually named pods. Success!

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help