BlueCurve Gateway Modem & Chromecast

ericmenton
Grasshopper

Does anyone have this combo? I'm having major issues getting it to work. I can connect my chromecast to my wifi but once on there, my device doesn't show up in any cast tab. The setup screen cycles between telling me I'm almost done with the setup, then telling me it's connecting to my wifi, then telling my to check my wifi connection. I've talked to both google support and shaw support with no luck. I've reset my modem, I've reset the chromecast. I'm losing my mind.

Labels (2)
28 Replies

Re: BlueCurve Gateway Modem & Chromecast

kurtisbain
Grasshopper

Shaw, clearly this is an issue. Something needs to be done. There are people all over who cannot get Gen2 google devices to work on Shaw Blue Curve. What are you doing about it? Why is it that I "upgrade" only to be handcuffed on functionality. FIX THIS!

cdrbrnr
Grasshopper

I went through the motions of contacting the Shaw support for this issue. According to the Rep I chatted with it is Google's problem. Sure wished they told me this before handing my this Bluecurve modem. My network had no problem supporting the Chromecast before the upgrade. This concern is in multiple threads on forums. I have followed every set up suggestion I can find. The Chromecast will not hook up to either the 2.4 or 5. Locking the IP also made no difference.

Point of interest, when I told the Rep it is posted in this forum with no answer from the support staff, the reply was to contact Google.

Sorry for our luck! #shawcable #shawhelp

shaw-tony

Hey ericmenton and cdrbrnr,

Thank you for reaching out regarding this issue with your Chromecast devices. I am collecting examples to pass along to our engineering team to find a resolution for the troubles you've been experiencing. I will need some more information, can you please provide details on:

• Chromecast Device Version
  • Related Short Description (the error message)
  • Reproduction Steps (what steps did you take to reproduce the same error)
  • Any relative preconditions (was there any specific conditions prior to the error)

Keep me posted so we can get this fixed!

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

kurtisbain
Grasshopper

I had to call in to shaw and downgrade. I asked for my internet 300 back with the Hitron modem until this issue is resolved. Making me think I should have called Telus instead.....and I HATE telus!

cdrbrnr
Grasshopper
  • Chromecast second generation.
  • After the set up is complete on the app, watching the TV screen it then continues to try and connect to the BlueCurve.
  • This has happened after all 6 attempts to make them work together. The Chromecast is first hard reset. It has been linked to both the 5 and 2.4 networks independently during the attempts. It is verified as connected in the BlueCurve Gateway admin. Then it fails to connect as seen my the message on the TV.
  • The failure is exactly the same each time. It hooks up and works normally currently on a Shaw Hitron Modem.
0 Kudos

cdrbrnr
Grasshopper

I would do the same thing with the Hitron, but the parental controls are so much better on the BlueCurve. I was truly surprised to find to that there was a hardware compatibility issue with this latest and greatest modem.  However I don't want to back to Telus either. So hopefully they can solve this first world problem.

shaw-tony

cdrbrnr thank you for sharing the details. I have passed your information onto our engineering teams to review.

To the tech support..

JY
Grasshopper

So did you get any answers yet? I just upgraded and have the same problem! 

Not sure if I am liking my upgrade!!

this issue should have been resolved. Do you also have a...

shaw-tony

@JY this issue should have been resolved. Do you also have a second-generation Chrome Cast? Have you tried restoring the Chrome Cast to factory settings then try and reconnect?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help