Jump to solution

Bluecurve Modem Wired LAN Issues with PS5 and Xbox Series X

gary_sanghera
Grasshopper

Ever since upgrading to the Shaw Bluecurve Modem in December, I have been using Cat 8 ethernet cables in the ethernet ports for my PS5 and Xbox Series X.

Since using the Bluecurve, I have been noticing that everytime I turn on both consoles, the internet is not connected to them and it takes 30-45 seconds to connect online with a wired connection, wireless it is instant with no issues.

The previous Shaw Modem had no issues with wired ethernet connections. I have tried different ethernet cables, played with the settings on my consoles and its still the same issue with the delay to connecting online using LAN.

Hoping there is solution.

Gary

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

There were a few people complaining about this issue wher...

rstra
Grand Master

@gary_sanghera There were a few people complaining about this issue where Ethernet connections are taking around 30 seconds to connect, also there are many complaints on the Xfiiity site. There doesn’t appear to be a workaround at the moment and the thought is that it was a result of a firmware update. Apparently Xfinity engineers are aware and looking in to the problem.

Edit: Found the other thread. 
https://support.shaw.ca/t5/internet-discussions/delayed-ethernet-connection-on-xb6/td-p/30916

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Jump to solution

--  it takes 30-45 seconds to connect online with a wired...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@gary_sanghera --  it takes 30-45 seconds to connect online with a wired connection

There are several threads within this discussion forum, for others reporting the same symptoms.  Please review those threads.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Okay no worries, you able to send me a link to those foru...

gary_sanghera
Grasshopper

EDIT:

I searched through the forums and did not find anyone having similar symptoms regarding the bluecurve modem as I did. Most of those customers are having internet wireless connectivity issues different from what I have experienced.

I am sorry and not trying to be rude but that was no help

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

There were a few people complaining about this issue wher...

rstra
Grand Master

@gary_sanghera There were a few people complaining about this issue where Ethernet connections are taking around 30 seconds to connect, also there are many complaints on the Xfiiity site. There doesn’t appear to be a workaround at the moment and the thought is that it was a result of a firmware update. Apparently Xfinity engineers are aware and looking in to the problem.

Edit: Found the other thread. 
https://support.shaw.ca/t5/internet-discussions/delayed-ethernet-connection-on-xb6/td-p/30916

Jump to solution

Thank you. I just finished speaking with an agent through...

gary_sanghera
Grasshopper

Thank you. I just finished speaking with an agent through technical support.

I did a factory reset and everything, the issue was still the same and it does appear to be a firmware issue. The agent forwarded my issue to their back end team for firmware/software of the bluecurve modem.

Thanks for all the help.

Jump to solution

Hi  , resurrecting an older thread but I was wondering if...

Jargo
Grasshopper

Hi @gary_sanghera , resurrecting an older thread but I was wondering if you ever got this resolved or not? My PS5 started having similar issue to yours where certain features within the PS5 menus like party chat and friends lists weren't working, even when I'm connected online and can join multiplayer games. Just like you this only happens on ethernet and not wifi. This only started recently in early December, I'm using the XB7 modem/router provided by Shaw.

Jump to solution

Same issue here after moving to Bluecurve recently. The p...

MIKE1624
Grasshopper

Same issue here after moving to Bluecurve recently. The playstation store and other account features don’t load, but internet works (e.g., updates will still automatically download). Switching to wifi then back to ethernet sometimes resolves the issue, but I don’t know enough to identify what’s causing it. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- The Playstation Store and other account features don’t...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@MIKE1624 -- The Playstation Store and other account features don’t load

Any error-message, such as "cannot connect", or just extremely slow to connect?

Jump to solution

It’s an error. If you go to the Playstation Store an erro...

MIKE1624
Grasshopper

It’s an error. If you go to the Playstation Store an error message pops up with “Can’t load. Something went wrong.” and the store doesn’t load at all.

I’ve done some research and it looks like port forwarding might be a solution, but I’m ignorant of what port forwarding actually does so haven’t tried it yet.

___

Aside: I had an older bluecurve (the grey one; new one is white) in a different home with the PS5 hooked up over ethernet and never had issues, nor did I need to change any router settings. Lots of different variables involved there, but if the solution is port forwarding, I don’t understand why I would need to change router settings now but not then.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I was reading that Xfinity  customers were having problem...

rstra
Grand Master

@MIKE1624  I was reading that Xfinity  customers were having problems as well. The  problem was possibly with IPv6, unfortunately, there is no way to turn it off in the XBx modems, can it be disabled on the PlayStation side?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help