Jump to solution

BlueCurve Pods in Manitoba

CarlM
Grasshopper

Is there any update on when BlueCurve pods will be available in Manitoba?  Is this a technology issue?  or, a manufacturing shortage?  It doesn't make sense that this key feature is still not available 5 months after the modems were rolled out.

I appreciate the management features on the modem, but it is not very useful if it can't reach the far corners of our house.  I would buy my own mesh access points if the pods aren't available soon.  However, I know that the week after I buy my own Shaw will probably make the pods available.

I have talked to shaw reps both on the phone and at retail locations and they don't seem to be able to share any information.  This doesn't seem like very good customer service to me.  The pods were "promised" as a key feature of the new modems.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Thank you everyone for your continued patience in waiting...

shaw-tony

Thank you everyone for your continued patience in waiting for these to become available in your area. You can now order a Fibre+ WiFi Pod in Manitoba and Ontario. Order now at https://www.shaw.ca/internet/wifi-pods

@CarlM @Speedyjr @MrPlus @CarlsJr @CarlM @Jethro @CarlP @Ravenblade1979 @ChristopherN @Ludolf @kjr98 @WhyNo4K @aheppner @Whocares23 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Jump to solution

I was told it would be a month or 2 in April when I had t...

Speedyjr
Grasshopper

I was told it would be a month or 2 in April when I had the new gateway installed.  It is now September.  The old system covered my house better than this one is.

Jump to solution

Apologies, but we do not have any updated timeline to sha...

shaw-valerie

@CarlM @Speedyjr Apologies, but we do not have any updated timeline to share on the release of this equipment in Manitoba. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Answering with "we do not have any updated timeline" did...

MrPlus
Grasshopper

Answering with "we do not have any updated timeline" did not answer the original question of why the BlueCurve Pods are not available.

It is now November 21st and still no BlueCurve Pods.

What is the reason that these are not available in Manitoba?

Is it a government regulatory issue? Supply issue? 

Please advise

Jump to solution

I believe it is a legal issue; Bell MTS has the similar t...

CarlsJr
Grasshopper

I believe it is a legal issue; Bell MTS has the similar tech and I wouldn't be surprised if they had some stupid exclusivity deal within the province. 

Jump to solution

Not a helpful reply

CarlM
Grasshopper

Not a helpful reply @shaw-valerie 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Given the lack of response from Shaw I went out and bough...

CarlM
Grasshopper

Given the lack of response from Shaw I went out and bought my own mesh system. This gets rid of all the restrictions on the Bluecurve as well. I can now set my own DNS and run a VPN off the router. The next time MTS calls with an attractive offer to switch providers I will be gone. 

Jump to solution

I agree, had enough with Shaw's inferior product, next ti...

Jethro
Grasshopper

I agree, had enough with Shaw's inferior product, next time MTS is at my door I am gone

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

>  next time MTS is at my door I am gone ... I had a TELU...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

>  next time MTS is at my door I am gone ...

I had a TELUS person at my front-door, who offered to "buy-out" the remaining 18 months on my Shaw "two-year-value-plan", if I switched.

So, when MTS knocks, work them to get such "hidden" offers, and/or discounts for a year, or free add-on channels, and to upgrade the copper-wires between your home and the telephone-company to "fiber-optic" cable.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I know this is an old post. It has been close to a year n...

CarlP
Grasshopper

I know this is an old post. It has been close to a year now since I have had the bluecurv gateway. And like many disgruntled customers here, I too am feeling the placid response from customer service reps and Shaw alike is no longer enough. I'm about to move to a new home, and I will take care of this at that time, but I will return the gateway. I will buy my own. I will buy my own MESH network router, and as I am on a month to month service, I may choose at that time to switch providers.  Your customers just want to know what the delay is, in plain english, that makes sense other than "I dont know", "It will be available soon, but we do not have a release date", "eventually", "we are working on it". Those responses were fine for a few weeks, but come on, these responses are infuriating your client base. 

TALK TO US
We're here to help