Can't receive email, can't login to webmail, probs with My Shaw

njm
Grasshopper

All day I've been able to send emails but not receive them. When I try to log in to webmail to double check receipt, I get an username/password invalid error (I haven't changed it, shouldn't be invalid). So try to reset my password by logging in to My Shaw, hit top 3 bars on left, go to My Services and nothing happens when I toggle the arrow.

Spoke to support on Twitter and they said there's nothing wrong and offered to manually reset my password. I didn't really want to reset it in the first place, I just want my email to work.

Anyone have any idea why I'm having issues in so many areas? And what I can do to fix this?

Thanks

5 Replies

so through MyShaw you were unable to reset your password?...

shaw-tony

@njm so through MyShaw you were unable to reset your password? Your password may not be strong enough and requires an update to resolve this issue. I was able to sign into mine with no issues. 

For the last few days I've been receiving emails, but I c...

NFN
Grasshopper

For the last few days I've been receiving emails, but I can't send them.  Anyone have any idea why that would be?

0 Kudos

>  Anyone have any idea why that would be? Within your E-...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

>  Anyone have any idea why that would be?

Within your E-mail program, you have an "Inbox" folder and a "Sent" folder, but do you have an "Outbox" folder?

If you do, how many messages are listed in that folder?

If there are any, drag-and-drop the oldest message into your "Sent" folder. This will usually cause all the other messages in the "Outbox" to be sent, i.e., they will disappear from the "Outbox". Then, open your "Sent" folder, and check the value of the ID in the "TO:" field -- it could be invalid.

0 Kudos

I was unable to reset my password in My Shaw because I co...

njm
Grasshopper

I was unable to reset my password in My Shaw because I couldn't get to the place where you change it. When I clicked on My Services, nothing would happen. It should show Internet, TV, etc. But it's just broken in my account for some reason.

On the phone with Shaw Support now. They had to manually reset my password. Now they're escalating the My Services link not working in My Shaw.

0 Kudos

glad to hear you are receiving some help with that. Let m...

shaw-tony

@njm glad to hear you are receiving some help with that. Let me know if it's back to normal or if you have more questions.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help