Jump to solution

Cannot block a website

jdlwright
Grasshopper

I've add a website to "Blocked Sites" in Parent Controls on my Bluecurve gateway.  I have "Managed Sites" enabled and my computer is not trusted. Yet.... I can still access the website - is there a setting I need to change?

Thanks!

Annotation 2020-05-22 155816.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Thanks, I tried restarting the gateway and it made it wor...

jdlwright
Grasshopper

Thanks, I tried restarting the gateway and it made it work.  I added a new site and that didn't work, so I guess you have to restart the gateway each time.

I guess that's ok but it would be good to know that it is necessary.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Jump to solution

Anyone have any idea on this, I am bamboozled.

jdlwright
Grasshopper

Anyone have any idea on this, I am bamboozled.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

hmm, that is certainly odd. Was it previously working and...

shaw-tony

@jdlwright hmm, that is certainly odd. Was it previously working and it suddenly stopped working? Have you tried creating those settings after a factory pinhole reset?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Even after 24 hours the sites are still not blocked? Mayb...

SP3CTRYS
Grasshopper

Even after 24 hours the sites are still not blocked?

Maybe try and give the computer you are trying to block a static IP, and wait up to another day to see if the rule kicks in.

Alternatively, give the Blue Curve Home app a try. It has pretty powerful and more user-friendly controls. It can also be accessed by internet.shaw.ca from a computer.

Jump to solution

Thanks, I tried restarting the gateway and it made it wor...

jdlwright
Grasshopper

Thanks, I tried restarting the gateway and it made it work.  I added a new site and that didn't work, so I guess you have to restart the gateway each time.

I guess that's ok but it would be good to know that it is necessary.

Jump to solution

how do I do this with Bluecurve gateway 2.0? the app is l...

NeilN
Grasshopper

how do I do this with Bluecurve gateway 2.0? the app is limited and doesn't give the option to block websites.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I know this is an old thread, but I'm having the same pro...

cbugslag
Grasshopper

I know this is an old thread, but I'm having the same problem, hoping to get this reviewed by someone in support...

managed sites don't get blocked, and a gateway restart doesn't make a difference

generated the report, says that the sites have been hit and blocked, but the devices are still very able to go to the sites that should be blocked...

TALK TO US
We're here to help