CGNM-2250 Guest account not secure.

aj4martin
Grasshopper

I enabled the guest account and assigned it a password, however when it broadcasts, it appears as unsecured and doesn't require the password to connect. Am I missing something when enabling the guest account?

Labels (1)
15 Replies

Re: CGNM-2250 Guest account not secure.

shaw-tamara

Hello aj4martin 

We are aware of some challenges with the guest network settings. No ETA on a fix but it looks like we are working to get it resolved as soon as possible. I haven't used the guest network settings myself, but it looks like it may work if you use the default WiFi key on the modem instead of a customized password. Do you know if it works if you set up the guest network using the default password instead?

0 Kudos

aj4martin
Grasshopper

Funny you should mention that Tamara, after I sent my question I thought that very thing, maybe I should be using the default password instead of a customized one for the Guest account. So I tried that, but no luck. It still broadcasts unsecured.

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

I'd recommend setting up the network, saving and then giving the modem a quick power reset (unplugging for one minute), then test to see if it saved the settings. It may just be a random glitch.

0 Kudos

aj4martin
Grasshopper

I tried your suggestion Tony, unfortunately it is still broadcasting unsecured. Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos

crasucks
Grasshopper

I also have this problem.  Not having a secure guest network is a big oversight. 

0 Kudos

Has this issue been resolved yet?  I am having the same p...

Blazes
Grasshopper

Has this issue been resolved yet?  I am having the same problem...

0 Kudos

let me check in with our engineering team to see what the...

shaw-tony

@Blazes @aj4martin @crasucks let me check in with our engineering team to see what the progress for this is. Once I have an update, I'll post it here. 

0 Kudos

Somehow my problem corrected itself after a few weeks. No...

aj4martin
Grasshopper

Somehow my problem corrected itself after a few weeks. Now it "seems" to be broadcasting but when I try to get on the Internet, the page redirects to the router and now asks for the password. Just thought I'd let you know Tony

0 Kudos

thanks for the update. Our engineer also verified that it...

shaw-tony

@aj4martin thanks for the update. Our engineer also verified that it is an unsecured WiFi but does direct you to the "Webpage / Portal" for the user to enter the password to grant you access to the internet.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help