Chromecast and bluecurve

JY
Grasshopper

Did anyone figure out Chromecast and Bluecurve Issue? 

Shaw says it “should have been resolved “ but obviously it did not ad mine continues  to NOT work  

Does anyone have Chromecast and Bluecurve? 

Labels (2)
23 Replies

I haven't heard of any other reports of issues. Which gen...

shaw-tony

@JY I haven't heard of any other reports of issues. Which generation of the Chromecast do you have and what error message are you experiencing when trying to connect to it?

0 Kudos

I have 2nd Generation of Chromecast.  It attempts to conn...

JY
Grasshopper

I have 2nd Generation of Chromecast.  It attempts to connect to internet and at the end of the process it says - something went wrong. Internet connection is not available. I am surprised that you have not heard any reports of the issue- you can google and you will see lots of people reporting the same issue. 

0 Kudos

Thank you for clarifying. I know this was a known issue p...

shaw-tony

@JY Thank you for clarifying. I know this was a known issue previously and customers have been successful in getting it connected after a factory reset similar to the thread here.

0 Kudos

As the one successful user, I have tried several factory...

Annette1
Grasshopper

As the one successful user, I have tried several factory resets. The chromecast dongle shows that it is indeed connected to our home wifi (same address as my phone and laptop). I can also successfully access the settings on 192.168.0.13

However, I cannot for the life of me get the chromecast button to appear on netflix app or google chrome. Any other advice?

0 Kudos

glad to hear it is working for you. Are you noticing this...

shaw-tony

@Annette1 glad to hear it is working for you. Are you noticing this on multiple devices including your PC Chrome browser?

0 Kudos

Hi! Thanks for responding. I wouldn't necessarily say tha...

Annette1
Grasshopper

Hi! Thanks for responding. I wouldn't necessarily say that it is working for me. I can't get the button to appear on any device or computer, and none of them "see" a casting device.

0 Kudos

that is odd. We have limited support on 3rd party devices...

shaw-tony

@Annette1 that is odd. We have limited support on 3rd party devices. I'd touch base with Google to see if they have any resolutions to bring casting back on those apps.

0 Kudos

I am having the same issue

SimCore
Grasshopper

I am having the same issue

I eventually had to buy 3rd gen of chromecast. It has bee...

JY
Grasshopper

I eventually had to buy 3rd gen of chromecast. It has been working fine. Try hard factory reset and see if that works. There is a reset button on the chromecast device apparently. Hope this works for you! 

TALK TO US
We're here to help