configuring port forwards for BlueCurve

sboston
Grasshopper

Why do we now have to set up port forwards through the shaw web app? 

I don't see the purpose of being required to configure my gateway from outside that gateway. 

0 Kudos
8 Replies

you can still certainly manage your port forwards through...

shaw-tony

@sboston you can still certainly manage your port forwards through the modem GUI. A factory reset is required to re-enable the feature. Once the feature is re-enabled, accessing the web portal will remove access. To continue managing your settings through the modem GUI, do not access the web portal.

0 Kudos

After a chat with a Shaw agent I performed the factory re...

sboston
Grasshopper

After a chat with a Shaw agent I performed the factory reset according to their instruction.

Unfortunately that procedure had no effect. I then contacted the Chat support again and was this time told by the agent that Shaw had implemented a policy to make users configure port forwards through the web portal. Seemed odd to me but there it is. Perhaps Shaw wants more oversight over what users are doing with their modems?

But whatever. Certainly there is some confusion -- somewhere. How confident are you about your statement? Factory reset is a bit of a nuisance but not a totally bad day so ... Are you sure????

0 Kudos

ahhh, my apologies! I checked in with our engineers and i...

shaw-tony

@sboston ahhh, my apologies! I checked in with our engineers and indeed the options have changed. I will pass your details along to see if they can re-enable the access for your modem. I appreciate your patience we get this done.

Update: Looks like support for port forwarding via the modem GUI has migrated to the BlueCurve Home App/Web. Port forwarding features will still continue to work there.

0 Kudos

Thank you,Tony. Perhaps your engineers can appreciate the...

sboston
Grasshopper

Thank you,Tony. Perhaps your engineers can appreciate the absurdity of being required to configure the gateway from outside the gateway. 

If you can find out what rationale was used to justify this decision I'm eager to hear it. 

0 Kudos

the OEM manufacture has dissolved support for these setti...

shaw-tony

@sboston the OEM manufacture has dissolved support for these settings within modem UI software. Therefore, to continue the support for the features, they are available via the BlueCurve Home Web/App.

0 Kudos

when you migrated to Blue Curve Home app my port forwardi...

Rgbart
Grasshopper

when you migrated to Blue Curve Home app my port forwarding is not working accordingly. Unlike a week ago when it was via modem GUI my system  work smoothly. It is ridiculous not informing what are those changes. I've chat with your technical support and they don't know.. What is the solution in your mind and how you ease the burden of your client. The factory resetting is not working...!!!

0 Kudos

-- The factory resetting is not working...!!! Note that...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Rgbart -- The factory resetting is not working...!!!

Note that @shaw-tony indicated that Shaw must reset your modem, to enable access via the GUI -- a "factory-reset" may not be enough. Is that what you mean by "not working" ?

0 Kudos

yes, the same problem exist, for my previous setting; pu...

Rgbart
Grasshopper

yes, the same problem exist, for my previous setting; put the service as EchoLink and set the port range 5198 - 51999 for my UDP, when you migrated to blue curve my system become unstable  and not working properly

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help