Jump to solution

I worked with two different Shaw Reps this week.  We fina...

MurrayBrown
Grasshopper

I worked with two different Shaw Reps this week.  We finally got the two cell phones to go to 5GB and all of the other things to 2.4GB.

MY issue is that ... this is absolutely true ... some time during the night the two printers that my wife and I have have disconnected from the network.  We have to unplug the two printers, replug them back in, the printers "boot up" and all is fine for the rest of the day.  Next day, same thing.  Sheeeesh ......

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

over the last few months i been dealing with this if I wa...

Blade69
Grasshopper

over the last few months i been dealing with this if I want to play foe or watch youtube I get an IP address  cant be fund and I have done all these dam steps to clean out this that and the other and not a thing fix it here I pay all most 300 a month on a low income the last person I talked to was rude said it was something I was doing wrong  so it like maybe its time I see what out there that works and go to what pages I want to see not what it feels like I can do

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

> some time during the night the two printers that my wif...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> some time during the night the two printers that my wife and I have have disconnected from the network. We have to unplug the two printers, replug them back in, the printers "boot up" and all is fine for the rest of the day. Next day, same thing.

Your printers obtain an IP-address from your router, and a "time-to-live" value. Compare to renting a hotel-room -- you get to use the room only for an agreed-upon time. That "TTL" value is a similar "lease".

If your computer has different date/time/timezone value than your router has, the two devices cannot agree on the length of the "lease".

On your computer, open a command-line prompt, and enter: IPCONFIG /ALL

to see values like:

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.10(Preferred)

Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : December-03-20 07:21:37 AM

Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : December-23-20 08:47:04 PM

So, check the date & time on your printer(s) for agreement with the values on your computer & your router.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I am having same issue both 2.4 and 5g networks 5G seem t...

wazimu
Grasshopper

I am having same issue both 2.4 and 5g networks 5G seem to work but 2.4g does not see on the network. My printer needs 2.4g in order to work. Tried calling shaw but no help.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- I am having the same issue Have you tried that "pin-ho...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@wazimu -- I am having the same issue

Have you tried that "pin-hole reset" that worked for the other person who had the same issue? Did it help?

Note that the BlueCurve cable-modem has "band steering" enabled. This means that you see just one SSID, not two, and the BlueCurve should "steer" your printer to the 2.4 Ghz band. If you disable "band steering", and assign different SSIDs to each band, can your printer connect?

Band-steering is good for WiFi devices that "move" within your domicile -- your device should connect to the "better" network at each location. Disabling it is sometimes good for door-bell cameras and other "fixed-location" devices.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I had to call Shaw support line and they were able to res...

wazimu
Grasshopper

I had to call Shaw support line and they were able to resolved my issues.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Glad to hear that got sorted out for you!👍

shaw-ada

@wazimu Glad to hear that got sorted out for you!👍

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

etal Try a pinhole reset. Leave your Gateway set to dual...

rickatk
Master

@ryanfactura etal

Try a pinhole reset.

Leave your Gateway set to dual band. Don’t isolate each of the bands.

Let the AI figure things out and establish the best connection be it 2.4Ghz or 5.0Ghz.

I have a variety of devices on my network. some 2.4Ghz and some 5Ghz. Everything works fine, letting the Gateway and one Fibre Gig Pod figure things out.

If you absolutely need to separate the bands (you shouldn’t) be sure to use unique ID’s and Passwords.Yes…unique passwords. This will help your devices address your Gateway.

0 Kudos
jsyukich
Grasshopper

me too

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

wrote "me too". Welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion f...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@jsyukich wrote "me too".

Welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where volunteers try to help.

Can you logon to the router's web-interface, and temporarily "disable" the 5G network. Then, for each of your devices that need 2.4G, get them connected. Then, re-enable the 5G network. The devices that connected to 2.4G should "stay" on that network. The '5G' devices should connect, automatically.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help