Jump to solution

Devices cannot connect to 2.4G

ryanfactura
Grasshopper

We recently had internet 300 installed in our home. After setting up both 2.4 and 5g networks (renaming -2.4G and -5G after each SSID), we noticed that absolutely none of our devices can connect to 2.4G, only 5G. All our settings seem fine though. Has anyone encountered this problem?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

that is certainly odd. I'd recommend trying a factory pin...

shaw-tony

@ryanfactura that is certainly odd. I'd recommend trying a factory pinhole reset to begin the setup process from scratch to see if your devices are able to connect. Keep us posted!

View solution in original post

20 Replies
Jump to solution

which network box are you using?

HardcoreGames
Grasshopper

which network box are you using?

Jump to solution

> absolutely none of our devices can connect to 2.4G, onl...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> absolutely none of our devices can connect to 2.4G, only 5G

Do any of your devices support BOTH protocols, or are they all "newer" devices that only have a 5G adapter?

Jump to solution

We have this

ryanfactura
Grasshopper

Screenshot_20191020-114328.png

We have this

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I'm actually not sure. We have a pixel 3 and a 2017 MacBook!

ryanfactura
Grasshopper

I'm actually not sure. We have a pixel 3 and a 2017 MacBook!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

They should definitely both support 5G Wi-Fi.

Techjunkie
Grasshopper

They should definitely both support 5G Wi-Fi. 2.4G is generally for older devices, and is more prone to interference from other devices. It also generally has slower speeds.

Jump to solution

that is certainly odd. I'd recommend trying a factory pin...

shaw-tony

@ryanfactura that is certainly odd. I'd recommend trying a factory pinhole reset to begin the setup process from scratch to see if your devices are able to connect. Keep us posted!

Jump to solution

thank you! Okay, so I did a pinhole reset and it worked!...

ryanfactura
Grasshopper

thank you!

Okay, so I did a pinhole reset and it worked! Can connect now to both networks. Looking back, the problem initially started when I had the blue curve app installed and setup on my phone. That's when 2.4g issue started. For now, I won't use the app - maybe the same problem will happen again!

Jump to solution

glad it's working again! The BlueCurve Home App should wo...

shaw-tony

@ryanfactura glad it's working again! The BlueCurve Home App should work as expected and shouldn't cause that issue (tried and tested at my house 😁). It may have just been a glitch/settings issue. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

We're having the same problem here in Sault Ste. Marie....

eturgeon
Grasshopper

We're having the same problem here in Sault Ste. Marie.   After switching Bell, it has been hell. None of the devices stay connected. We're dropped from

the Wifi over and over again.  Sometimes we manage to get back in, other times not.  Additionally, the Bell Wifi covered our entire home. This Shaw Wifi definitely does not.  Very disappointed.  Only been with Shaw for less than one week, and need to return to Bell ASAP

TALK TO US
We're here to help