Jump to solution

I tried to use old microwave, it doesn't work. Somehow it...

alexs20
Grasshopper

I tried to use old microwave, it doesn't work. Somehow it penetrate it, Especially 2.4Ghz

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

It's ridiculous that Shaw does not inform us that hidden...

WiFi_radiation
Grasshopper

It's ridiculous that Shaw does not inform us that hidden networks will be broadcast without our knowledge or consent, even if we have turned off our WiFi, given wireless radiation is a 2B carcinogen.   Fix this or I'm cancelling my service.

Jump to solution

I beg of you, Please tell me how to do this!!!!!

WiFi_radiation
Grasshopper

I beg of you, Please tell me how to do this!!!!!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Can you please tell me how to remove the antennas?  It's...

WiFi_radiation
Grasshopper

Can you please tell me how to remove the antennas?  It's ridiculous that Shaw won't let us turn off hidden networks!

Jump to solution

I understand your concerns. The hidden networks on the Bl...

shaw-tony

@WiFi_radiation I understand your concerns. The hidden networks on the BlueCurve modem are there so they can connect to the BlueSky TV 4K wireless boxes. They cannot be disabled. I see you have the Hitron modem on your account. Bridging the modem will turn off the WiFi signals.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I know that the hidden networks are for bluesky tv.  I do...

WiFi_radiation
Grasshopper

I know that the hidden networks are for bluesky tv.  I don't have bluesky tv because I'm doing everything I can to mitigate my exposure to microwave radiation.  I've tried bridging my modem and it doesn't make a difference.  You need to do a firmware upgrade that allows users to turn off all wireless signals.

Also, the reason that I switched to Hitron is because after hours on the phone with shaw customer service about my XB6 broadcasting 8 hidden networks, I was assured that the Hitron would not broadcast any hidden networks. 

Jump to solution

More and more people are becoming aware of how dangerous...

WiFi_radiation
Grasshopper

More and more people are becoming aware of how dangerous microwave radiation is.  As more and more of your customers become aware, they won't be happy that they have be exposed to more microwave radiation from their Shaw products via hidden networks without their knowledge or consent.

Evidence of growing awareness is the subject of this article: '5G Cell Phone Radiation: How the Telecom Companies Are Losing the Battle to Impose 5G Against the Will of the People'
https://www.globalresearch.ca/telcos-losing-battle-impose-5g/5691065?print=1
It contains a huge list of 5G related lawsuits and lists of places enacting a 5G moratorium.

Also, thousands of non-wireless industry doctors and scientists are calling for a halt to 5G due to extreme health concerns.  See their petitions here: 

https://www.5gspaceappeal.org/the-appeal

https://www.5gappeal.eu/the-5g-appeal/

https://www.emfscientist.org/index.php/emf-scientist-appeal

https://www.emfcall.org/the-emf-call/ 

Jump to solution

We shouldn't have to put our router in a microwave to mak...

WiFi_radiation
Grasshopper

We shouldn't have to put our router in a microwave to make it safe.  The admin button  "WiFi off" that I turned off when I setup my modem should have turned off ALL WiFi signals!  I'm so mad that for months I've been exposing my kids to microwave radiation from our Shaw modem without knowing it.

I only discovered it was broadcasting hidden WiFi last night when I thought to double-check after getting a migraine.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

> I was assured that the Hitron would not broadcast any h...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> I was assured that the Hitron would not broadcast any hidden networks.

In my experience, that is correct.

In its "normal" mode, as a "router", my Hitron router does not broadcast any hidden networks -- only the 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz networks that I have defined.

In "bridged" mode, from everything that I have read on this forum, it should not be broadcasting ANY networks.

Jump to solution

> I'm so mad (angry?) that for months I've been exposing...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> I'm so mad (angry?) that for months I've been exposing my kids to microwave radiation from our Shaw modem without knowing it.

Inside my single-family residence on a standard-size city-lot, my smart-phone can see SIX other WiFi networks (house to the left, house to the right, three houses across my street, and one house apparently (judging by its SSID that matches the street-name of the next street) -- behind the house that is across my street.

When I visit my parents' condominium unit, I see more than TEN WiFi networks -- labelled as "Shaw-something" or "Telus-something".  Lots of radiation!

Also, I have two wireless telephone hand-sets that communicate with the base-unit that connects to my land-line. Those handsets work all the way out to the sidewalk in front of my house -- that's a long range of connectivity.

How do you protect yourself and your children from such a "dense" environment?

Do you turn-off your mobile-phone when you arrive at home, to stop its radiation?

Do you forbid your children from using wireless tablets?

Does their school have wireless access in some classrooms? Do you home-school?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help