Jump to solution

Do shaw incoming and outgoing email servers work in Florida? I am having problems sending/replying to emails from Florida and am told Florida IP address is the problem.

trulaw
Grasshopper

I am trying to set up an ipad on POP email and following the normal protocol is not working. I also have a laptop using the shaw webmail and was able to use both until yesterday but today they don't send, but both receive emails.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: Do shaw incoming and outgoing email servers work in Florida? I am having problems sending/replying to emails from Florida and am told Florida IP address is the problem.

shaw-tony

Hey trulaw,

Thank you for reaching out! It may certainly be an issue with the IP address or your email password is not strong enough. I'd recommend updating your password to something very strong and to set up your iPad under ActiveSync. Let me know how it goes!

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- receiving E-mail should not be a problem, because you...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@trulaw -- receiving E-mail should not be a problem, because you are sending your Shaw ID & password to Shaw's mail-server to authenticate. But, a stronger password might help.

However, when sending E-mail from a "non-Shaw" IP-address to Shaw's E-mail server, you do need to authenticate (again with your ID/password) before the server will accept your outgoing messages. So, check that your E-mail program is configured to authenticate when sending.  Again, a stronger password may help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jump to solution

Re: Do shaw incoming and outgoing email servers work in Florida? I am having problems sending/replying to emails from Florida and am told Florida IP address is the problem.

shaw-tony

Hey trulaw,

Thank you for reaching out! It may certainly be an issue with the IP address or your email password is not strong enough. I'd recommend updating your password to something very strong and to set up your iPad under ActiveSync. Let me know how it goes!

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- receiving E-mail should not be a problem, because you...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@trulaw -- receiving E-mail should not be a problem, because you are sending your Shaw ID & password to Shaw's mail-server to authenticate. But, a stronger password might help.

However, when sending E-mail from a "non-Shaw" IP-address to Shaw's E-mail server, you do need to authenticate (again with your ID/password) before the server will accept your outgoing messages. So, check that your E-mail program is configured to authenticate when sending.  Again, a stronger password may help.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help