Email Abuse

amyottek
Grasshopper

I got an email saying my shaw mail had been hacked.  I forwarded the message to shaw email abuse for help.

Would this be the correct procedure?

I am very concerned about the content contained within the message.  

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
5 Replies

Re: Email Abuse

allanbay2
Grasshopper

If it's the email about how they have installed software and want you to deposit Bitcoin you can ignore it. I'm not talking about the Ransomware issue. It also gives you a password for your email account that is wrong. Their just guessing. If they could take control of your computer they would have already.

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

Hey amyottek,

Thank you for reaching out! I definitely understand your concerns with the content, it sounds like a phishing email. You are correct that sending the headers to our email abuse team at internet.abuse@sjrb.ca is the right procedure. You can also update your email password to something more secure through your MyShaw account. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

amyottek
Grasshopper

I do have concerns as there is some info on the email that is of concern.  I would really like to know a very secure phone number that I can talk to someone about this
!

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

amyottek I definitely understand your concerns with your email address being possibly hacked. You can certainly contact our technical support team members to further discuss email/account security. Let me know if you have any other questions!

0 Kudos

I was just told, via online chat, that internet.abuse@sjr...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

I was just told, via online chat, that internet.abuse@sjrb.ca is "only for internal use", and that one must use reportspam@shaw.ca

About 3 days after trying to send to the former ID, I get a "connection refused" and "message too old" response.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help