Jump to solution

Email inactive

Microfiche62
Grasshopper

And the support level continues to drop...

I had what looked like authentication issues accessing my Shaw email yesterday, which happens occasionally. However it was still a problem this AM, so I tried to log in via Webmail and got this error:

HTTP ERROR 400
Problem accessing /service/preauth. Reason:

account is not active:#####@shaw.ca

Nothing in the email troubleshooting section and then I find out that I need to wait 3 hours to get any help whatsoever because it is 6 AM in Manitoba? I can't even manually reset my email via self-service?

There is a LOT of damage that can be done with a compromised email in the now 9 hours that Shaw is no longer providing ANY support between 10 PM and 7 AM PST.

I am hoping like hell it was just disabled by Shaw. If only there was some way to know - like even a message in the web portal? How hard would that be?

If you are going to have no support, you need to let your customers know what is happening. If I at least KNEW that email was disabled I would be less stressed while I wait until I can START trying to getting in touch with someone in 2 hours and 10 minutes.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Have you checked Shaw's "Scheduled Outages" web-page for...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Have you checked Shaw's "Scheduled Outages" web-page for your region, to see if there was something scheduled at the date/time that you experienced the problem?

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Jump to solution

> Problem accessing:  /service/preauth If the Shaw server...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> Problem accessing:  /service/preauth

If the Shaw server that processes "logon" requests (E-mail client or WebMail client) is temporarily unavailable, or temporarily inaccessible (over the Internet), this could be the error-message that is produced.  At what date/time did you experience this incident?

> Shaw is no longer providing ANY support between 10 PM and 7 AM PST.

Really? I have not seen any such announcement, nor received any E-mail about it.

In fact, my personal experience is that when the local (Nanaimo) Shaw Call Centre is closed, my late-night telephone-calls have been seamlessly routed to their Call Centre in Winnipeg.

Jump to solution

Have you checked Shaw's "Scheduled Outages" web-page for...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Have you checked Shaw's "Scheduled Outages" web-page for your region, to see if there was something scheduled at the date/time that you experienced the problem?

Jump to solution

Same Issue -- happened January 8, 2020 - still can't log...

tuddles
Grasshopper

Same Issue -- happened January 8, 2020 - still can't log in - their solution is to reset my password and try again.....

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I am having the same issue now. I have reset my password...

clangger
Grasshopper

I am having the same issue now. I have reset my password 5 times in the last week. It's good for less than a day and gets locked out again. Support is no help. Keep saying reset your password or create a new account. I have had the same email account for 15 years. Don't feel like starting over.

Jump to solution

that is super odd. This may be caused by an app or progra...

shaw-tony

@clangger that is super odd. This may be caused by an app or program trying to connect to your email with an old/incorrect password. After a certain number of failed attempts, the email will get locked. I'd check to make sure there are no other devices syncing to your email.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Do not know why my email is inactive. I have tried all th...

BarbinOK
Grasshopper

Do not know why my email is inactive. I have tried all the suggestions. There are no outages; changing my pwd does not solve it.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I'd recommend touching base with technical support so we...

shaw-tony

@BarbinOK I'd recommend touching base with technical support so we can investigate further. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Webmail down for a few hours

DanJ1
Grasshopper
My Shaw webmail has not been working for a few hours now. When entering my login and password it just sits there. I CAN get into my webmail from my iPhone and using Koodo. On my iMac and home internet, nothing.
0 Kudos
Jump to solution

that's odd. Webmail works as expected for me. Have you tr...

shaw-tony

@DanJ1 that's odd. Webmail works as expected for me. Have you tried using a different browser or refreshing the browser when it gets stuck?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help