Highlighted
Jump to solution

Email inactive

Grasshopper

And the support level continues to drop...

I had what looked like authentication issues accessing my Shaw email yesterday, which happens occasionally. However it was still a problem this AM, so I tried to log in via Webmail and got this error:

HTTP ERROR 400
Problem accessing /service/preauth. Reason:

account is not active:#####@shaw.ca

Nothing in the email troubleshooting section and then I find out that I need to wait 3 hours to get any help whatsoever because it is 6 AM in Manitoba? I can't even manually reset my email via self-service?

There is a LOT of damage that can be done with a compromised email in the now 9 hours that Shaw is no longer providing ANY support between 10 PM and 7 AM PST.

I am hoping like hell it was just disabled by Shaw. If only there was some way to know - like even a message in the web portal? How hard would that be?

If you are going to have no support, you need to let your customers know what is happening. If I at least KNEW that email was disabled I would be less stressed while I wait until I can START trying to getting in touch with someone in 2 hours and 10 minutes.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Jump to solution

Have you checked Shaw's "Scheduled Outages" web-page for...

Grand Master

Have you checked Shaw's "Scheduled Outages" web-page for your region, to see if there was something scheduled at the date/time that you experienced the problem?

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Highlighted
Jump to solution

> Problem accessing:  /service/preauth If the Shaw server...

Grand Master

> Problem accessing:  /service/preauth

If the Shaw server that processes "logon" requests (E-mail client or WebMail client) is temporarily unavailable, or temporarily inaccessible (over the Internet), this could be the error-message that is produced.  At what date/time did you experience this incident?

> Shaw is no longer providing ANY support between 10 PM and 7 AM PST.

Really? I have not seen any such announcement, nor received any E-mail about it.

In fact, my personal experience is that when the local (Nanaimo) Shaw Call Centre is closed, my late-night telephone-calls have been seamlessly routed to their Call Centre in Winnipeg.

Highlighted
Jump to solution

Have you checked Shaw's "Scheduled Outages" web-page for...

Grand Master

Have you checked Shaw's "Scheduled Outages" web-page for your region, to see if there was something scheduled at the date/time that you experienced the problem?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Jump to solution

Same Issue -- happened January 8, 2020 - still can't log...

Grasshopper

Same Issue -- happened January 8, 2020 - still can't log in - their solution is to reset my password and try again.....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Jump to solution

I am having the same issue now. I have reset my password...

Grasshopper

I am having the same issue now. I have reset my password 5 times in the last week. It's good for less than a day and gets locked out again. Support is no help. Keep saying reset your password or create a new account. I have had the same email account for 15 years. Don't feel like starting over.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Jump to solution

that is super odd. This may be caused by an app or progra...

@clangger that is super odd. This may be caused by an app or program trying to connect to your email with an old/incorrect password. After a certain number of failed attempts, the email will get locked. I'd check to make sure there are no other devices syncing to your email.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Jump to solution

Do not know why my email is inactive. I have tried all th...

Grasshopper

Do not know why my email is inactive. I have tried all the suggestions. There are no outages; changing my pwd does not solve it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Jump to solution

I'd recommend touching base with technical support so we...

@BarbinOK I'd recommend touching base with technical support so we can investigate further. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Jump to solution

Webmail down for a few hours

Grasshopper
My Shaw webmail has not been working for a few hours now. When entering my login and password it just sits there. I CAN get into my webmail from my iPhone and using Koodo. On my iMac and home internet, nothing.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Jump to solution

that's odd. Webmail works as expected for me. Have you tr...

@DanJ1 that's odd. Webmail works as expected for me. Have you tried using a different browser or refreshing the browser when it gets stuck?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
Need more help?