Email issues

mjdecker
Grasshopper

For the past couple of days I keep getting the message "Unable to communicate with login server." when I try to login to webmail. This may happen several times and sometimes it takes up to 5 minutes before I can connect to the email server. Is there any fix anticipated for this?

Thanks

MD

Labels (1)
66 Replies

I have been haveing this issue as well but for me it only...

13mo2
Grasshopper

I have been haveing this issue as well but for me it only seems to happen when I am trying to access webmail on my phone when it is connected to WiFi and as soon as I turn the WiFi off and switch over to my mobile data the webmail page opens up right away and I can log in with no issues. 

I fixed the problem by clearing my browser cache (Chrome)...

mjdecker
Grasshopper

I fixed the problem by clearing my browser cache (Chrome). Decided to try this after I used another browser (Edge) and it had no problems.

I had this problem for weeks and nothing helped - cleared...

kensw
Grasshopper

I had this problem for weeks and nothing helped - cleared cach - rebooted system - rebooted modem - shutdown virus protection 

I finally seemed to solve it by replacing my Very old modem with a New one and it WORKED great for a few weeks .

Now the problem is BACK.

I phoned SHAW support and they told me to do this too.  I...

kenmal55
Grasshopper

I phoned SHAW support and they told me to do this too.  It didn't help.  I have three browsers Edge, Google and AVAST secure browser.  It was when I downloaded my AVAST premium paid support that all these problems started.  It take many attempts and then suddenly, using the secure Avast browser (no VPN) it starts to work.  But then a day or two later it doesn't again.  I'm getting really fed up with it.  Shaw tell me they have changed their email (I know!) but it 'should' work better now.  Errr no - not yet

Same here. It is super annoying. It takes ages and multip...

CEM2022
Grasshopper

Same here. It is super annoying. It takes ages and multiple attempts to log on to my email from my laptop. Using my partner's laptop it logs on right away.

-- It takes ages and multiple attempts to log on to my em...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@CEM2022 -- It takes ages and multiple attempts to log on to my email from my laptop.

What Operating System?  Windows 7? 8? 10? 11?

Which web-browser? Safari? Firefox? Google Chrome? Microsoft Edge? Microsoft Internet Explorer?

Is it up-to-date?

It's Windows 8.1 and I've tried on Firefox and Chrome. It...

CEM2022
Grasshopper

It's Windows 8.1 and I've tried on Firefox and Chrome. It also is giving me a hard time on my partner's laptop tonight. Sometimes it works right away, other times I try dozens of "sign in" times and it repeats the "unable to communicate with login server" message. This has been going on for about a month now. So frustrating! I do update Firefox when it suggests to. Thanks for asking. It's a problem!

When will this be fixed Shaw? This is no good, this is ba...

bill1mill
Grasshopper

When will this be fixed Shaw? This is no good, this is bad for business.

Same here.  Cleared everything out, worked fine to log ba...

jlg
Grasshopper

Same here.  Cleared everything out, worked fine to log back in but the next day back to problems... shouldnt have to clear everything out everyday, and never had to in past!

TALK TO US
We're here to help