I send to a distribution list of about 24 people .. 5 or...

bneall
Grasshopper

I send to a distribution list of about 24 people .. 5 or so have Shaw.ca addresses ... more often than not I get a least one if not more bounce back from Shaw addresses with this message ... rather annoying ... and sometimes I also get it when sending to the same addresses as individuals vs as part of the group ... 

0 Kudos

-- I also get it when sending to the same addresses as in...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@bneall -- I also get it when sending to the same addresses as individuals ...

That may be a hint that either they switched from SHAW to TELUS, or that their Shaw mailbox (1 GByte) is "full".

What other methods of contacting them do you have, to ask them for their current E-mail ID.

0 Kudos

I don’t have alternative email addresses for them ... the...

bneall
Grasshopper

I don’t have alternative email addresses for them ... these are colleagues I am emailing so the6 would let me know if there was any address change. The problem happens intermittently, mostly when sending group emails but the common denominator is that send failure only happens with those who have shaw.ca addresses. 

0 Kudos

-- Personally, I have had no problems using Shaw WebMail...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@bneall -- Personally, I have had no problems using Shaw WebMail to send to a list of 128 subscribers, with only about 1/3 of them having Shaw E-mail IDs. However, if I add another subscriber, as the 129th, my E-mail is not sent to any of them.

Do any of them intermittently have "mailbox full" issues with their Shaw E-mail, because Shaw enforces a One Gigabyte limit on the total size of their mailbox?

0 Kudos

I have had a couple of friends try to send me an email an...

nancyphyllis
Grasshopper

I have had a couple of friends try to send me an email and it comes back to them saying I blocked them which I haven't 

0 Kudos

-- what is the error-message that your couple sees?

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@nancyphyllis -- what is the error-message that your couple sees?

emails blocked

DennisLa
Grasshopper

A friend from the U.K. is trying to email me but gets told she can't because of error code 550.5.1.0 How does one solve this problem?

0 Kudos

-- how did she tell you that she could not contact you? D...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@DennisLa -- how did she tell you that she could not contact you?

Does she have an alternate E-mail ID that does reach you?

Without seeing the full details of that "blocked" E-mail, it is difficult to give good advice.

What company in the U.K. is giving her an E-mail ID?

Shaw customers can create multiple E-mail IDs. Can she create another ID on her provider, and send from that ID?

I have exactly the same problem with my emails from sende...

Jelo
Grasshopper

I have exactly the same problem with my emails from sender GMX. Sender is simply blocked from sending to any Shaw email address...

0 Kudos

Thank you for your email.  I do not believe I have the ad...

Meeny1
Grasshopper

Thank you for your email.  I do not believe I have the address meeny 1 -  I do have to admit that I have a mild case of dementia and if there is a way it is mine please cancel it.  I have been  hacked and it might have been a temporary one that was not cancelled.  By the way what is a bull pen.  Term not known to me.

0 Kudos