Jump to solution

Error sending email

grannydo
Grasshopper

When I try to send an email I get this error.

An error occurred while sending email. The mail server sent an incorrect greeting. mo24.dcs.int.inet shaw.ca ESMTP server not available CSI block.

What does this mean and how do I fix it? It looks like the email is being sent as I get a copy in my sent email folder.

Laura

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: Error sending email

shaw-tony

Hey grannydo,

Thank you for reaching out! That is certainly an odd error message. Are you using a 3rd party email client such as Microsoft Outlook? Can you test and login to webmail.shaw.ca to see if you are able to send an email out or if you notice the same error message? Keep me posted on how it goes!

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Jump to solution

shaw-tony

Hey grannydo,

Thank you for reaching out! That is certainly an odd error message. Are you using a 3rd party email client such as Microsoft Outlook? Can you test and login to webmail.shaw.ca to see if you are able to send an email out or if you notice the same error message? Keep me posted on how it goes!

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

grannydo
Grasshopper

Hey Tony! I fixed it!! I am using Thunderbird mail client. I deleted the app, reinstalled and sent an email and no error codes.

Thanks, Laura

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

shaw-tamara

Awesome! We're glad to hear you were able to get it working again  

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I am having the same problem - might try your fix - but I...

SPARKS
Grasshopper

I am having the same problem - might try your fix - but I am wondering if I will lose all my email contacts in the process.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

there should be a way to export your email contacts to a...

shaw-tony

@SPARKS there should be a way to export your email contacts to a CSV or VCF file in the tools dropdown. I'd recommend touching base with Mozilla/Thunderbird directly for more details.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I just had the same problem. I use Thunderbird. Restarted...

anh1
Grasshopper

I just had the same problem. I use Thunderbird. Restarted Thunderbird in safe mode and it worked fine, restarted again in regular mode and still works fine. Must be a glitch in the Matrix

Jump to solution

POSSIBLE SOLUTION [Worked for My Client]: Disconnecting,...

jasonseale
Grasshopper

POSSIBLE SOLUTION [Worked for My Client]: Disconnecting, and uninstalling a trial version of Bitdefender VPN (Virtual Private Networking) immediately solved this issue for my client. The reason this would cause the error would be, I assume, that the computer is no longer connecting directly through the SHAW connection, but through the VPN, which the SHAW servers will see as untrusted, and block.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I tried this but it didn't work for me

anh1
Grasshopper

I tried this but it didn't work for me

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I use Thunderbird. I can send some emails to a contact an...

anh1
Grasshopper

I use Thunderbird. I can send some emails to a contact and they work no problem, others give the error message and won't send. I even tried Shaw Webmail with the same result except I didn't get any error messages.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help