Forced to sign, and then forced to cancel even though Shaw doesn’t cover my new service area

Sadman
Grasshopper

Moved into a new place four months ago. One of the conditions of the Shaw employee landlord was signing onto a Shaw contract. 
Then he sold the house evicting me. 
now I’m moving to an area that Shaw doesn’t cover for service, but I’m being told I need to pay nearly 450$ to cancel.
I never would have signed on if it hadn’t been part of last rental agreement. Now I gotta pay even though they can’t provide me with service?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
25 Replies

Any advice on how to properly format this as I post the s...

Sadman
Grasshopper

Any advice on how to properly format this as I post the story to other platforms?  What hashtag thing would cover the Shaw corporation

0 Kudos

No advice from anyone? What do the moderators think? Help...

Sadman
Grasshopper

No advice from anyone? What do the moderators think? Help me out ☺️

0 Kudos

Shaw-tony,   Shaw-Valerie,    Any advice on my situation?...

Sadman
Grasshopper

Shaw-tony,   Shaw-Valerie,    Any advice on my situation? Why would a Shaw employee need a person to sign a Shaw contract as part of moving Into his rental suite?

0 Kudos

Still looking for advice with my problemo

Sadman
Grasshopper

Still looking for advice with my problemo

0 Kudos

-- Why would a Shaw employee need a person to sign a Shaw...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Sadman -- Why would a Shaw employee need a person to sign a Shaw contract as part of moving Into his rental suite?

There is no "need", except for greed on the part of the landlord.

You have received some suggestions on your other thread on this forum.

In B.C., you might have a case for Small Claims Court. Maybe.

Note that this is a peer-to-peer discussion forum, not a path to Shaw Support.

Instead of more posts to this forum, while reading this message, scroll-down to see the "Your Voice" hyperlink. Click it, to make direct contact with Shaw.

0 Kudos

Thanks!   All I know is it was a Shaw employee and that w...

Sadman
Grasshopper

Thanks!  
All I know is it was a Shaw employee and that was part of renting out the house.   I had to cancel with Telus just to move in there.  And then the house got sold and I’m stuck with the Shaw contract 🤦‍♂️

0 Kudos

I see Shaw moderators on here but they won’t say a thing...

Sadman
Grasshopper

I see Shaw moderators on here but they won’t say a thing about

my situation 

0 Kudos

Can anyone out there tell me why “greed” would lead a Sha...

Sadman
Grasshopper

Can anyone out there tell me why “greed” would lead a Shaw employee to demand his property be serviced by Shaw communications?

Are there incentives or bonuses when it comes to Shaw being a service provider for an employee?

0 Kudos

Hey  , on the topic of the Shaw moderators they visit inf...

g-idk
Master

Hey @Sadman , on the topic of the Shaw moderators they visit infrequently on there own time, since this is now a discussion forum not direct Shaw Support.  Also even if they do see these threads I highly doubt they could comment on a particular customers file in a public forum.  So hence the silence.  But keep the good fight up.  Stay Safe. 

TALK TO US
We're here to help