Has Shaw been doing maintenance every night at around 1-2am? My internet keeps dropping around that time.

Not applicable

I will notice the speed lagging a bit then the modem will start flashing amber, and doesn’t come out of it, even if I unplug the modem.  

It’s particularly annoying because I can’t even fast forward a recorded program when this happens (I get an RDK-03033 error message).

Labels (1)
35 Replies

Re: Has Shaw been doing maintenance every night at around 1-2am? My internet keeps dropping around that time.

Not applicable

And now my TV is completely frozen because the modem went completely down.  I honestly don’t think that my TV watching should be held hostage by a downed internet connection.  

edit: things are back online, now.  another note is I went into the modem settings once things came back, and I noticed that the MoCA setting had been disabled (it was not something I changed).  I re-enabled it, but wanted to know why this would have been disabled?

Re: Has Shaw been doing maintenance every night at around 1-2am? My internet keeps dropping around that time.

tfong
Grasshopper

I don't have TV but my internet also seems to be dropping at midnight and or around 1-2 am as well all the time. Never during the daytime though.

driftwood97
Grasshopper

I find I loose connections / packets every night between 10:30 and 11:45 ish.  MST.  What time zone are you guys in?

Shaw, why does this keep happening.  I cannot play online games during the prime hours.  I did not have this with Shaw 150, just 300.   You can test this theory out.  Start a command prompt and run a  "ping 8.8.8.8 -t "  you can use CTRL BREAK to see the results without stopping it, or you can use CTRL C to stop it.  If you have lost packets more than a few, something is disconnecting.  I have watched this when I was having issues and I can loose up to twenty pings in a row.  This is what disconnects programs.  Shaw, please fix.

shaw-tony

Hey ziggurcat,

Thank you for reaching out! I am sorry for the delay in response. The forums aren't monitored as closely as our other support channels. The best place to start is a Service Outages & Updates. Click your area and, if we have any overnight maintenance or an outage that's affecting a large area, we should have it there.

I haven't heard of any reports of packet loss in any area. What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far and are noticing issues with WiFi only or is it direct ethernet connection to a desktop?

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

Same issue. Always around 1 AM PST. So far there hasn't b...

Irulan
Grasshopper

Same issue. Always around 1 AM PST.

So far there hasn't been a real answer to the question, only a confirmation that it isn't scheduled maintenance. 

My internet goes down EVERYDAY!!! at around 4am edmonton...

Asylvian
Grasshopper

My internet goes down EVERYDAY!!! at around 4am edmonton and it's been happening for months!!! Sometimes during the day as well but 100% every night around the same time. Everytime I call shaw they always say nothing wrong,  everything working fine, BUT ITS NOT! I went and changed the modem still doesn't work. I had 2 techs come on 2 separate occassions and STILL not fixed. It's very frustrating as my husband works night shift and comes home at 3am only to have the internet down and he cant do anything. No games, no videos, no movies, nothing. Internets not cheap and poor man cant even use what hes paying for. I even took a video of what's happening every night its crazy! And not all the employees I call are professional. Some are just rude. I've been with Shaw for many many years and I'm so upset at the quality it is now. My husband keeps telling me to switch providers. SHAW please get your stuff together!

I took a quick look at your account and see the modems be...

shaw-tony

@Irulan I took a quick look at your account and see the modems been registered online with no issues for a while. Do you notice the lights on the modem go out when the internet doesn't work for you? The signal in the area looks good from what I see here.

@Asylvian that is very odd. I haven't heard of any reports of repeat issues around that time in Edmonton. I am very sorry for the experience. Please touch base with our technical support members so we may investigate further to see if there are issues in your area.

0 Kudos

I get ping drops EVERY NIGHT for hours! It's SUPER annoyi...

displaynamecup
Grasshopper

I get ping drops EVERY NIGHT for hours! It's SUPER annoying. this is my proof. It keeps happening
Every
Single
Night.

with this, I wouldn't recommend shaw to others. may spread the news
Ping.png

just took a quick look into your account and I don't see...

shaw-tony

@displaynamecup just took a quick look into your account and I don't see any reports of issues in your area. The signal looks solid with no errors with your modem. What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? Are you noticing timed out requests from all websites/servers or just one? Does the modem go offline when you notice this and how long does it last for?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help