Jump to solution

Having the option to switch from 5 GHz to 2.4 for security camera - how to do that?

shirleym
Grasshopper

I'm going in circles trying to figure out how to set up our camera using 2.4G. Only see 5G as an option now.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

You need to disable the band steering. Meaning, to separa...

shaw-ada

You need to disable the band steering. Meaning, to separate the names of your wifi network so you'll be able to identify which is 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. Commonly this is done by adding '-5G' at the end of the 5Ghz wifi network name. How to change wifi name.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Jump to solution

-- if you have the BlueCurve cable-modem, it has one SSID...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@shirleym -- if you have the BlueCurve cable-modem, it has one SSID (name of your wireless network) and it should automatically route the incoming traffic to either the 2.4 Ghz or the 5.0 Ghz internal WiFi networks. But, if that "band-steering" is not working, you have to configure the BlueCurve to have 2 differently-named SSIDs -- one for 2.4 Ghz and one for 5.0 Ghz. Then, configure your camera to connect to the SSID for the 2.4 Ghz SSID.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply. I think I'm getting it figured o...

shirleym
Grasshopper

Thank you for the reply. I think I'm getting it figured out, now have the 2 options & assigned different names for them.  I am wondering though, if I need to assign a different channel.  I'll call support, as I still can't reconnect my camera.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

You need to disable the band steering. Meaning, to separa...

shaw-ada

You need to disable the band steering. Meaning, to separate the names of your wifi network so you'll be able to identify which is 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. Commonly this is done by adding '-5G' at the end of the 5Ghz wifi network name. How to change wifi name.

Jump to solution

Thanks.  I finally figured it out.

shirleym
Grasshopper

Thanks.  I finally figured it out.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

If they are separated. Id 5 G off? I want to only have 2....

SHGENX
Grasshopper

If they are separated. Id 5 G off? I want to only have 2.4 and not transmit in 5G at all. Is there a setting for this?

Thank!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

5G can be turned off.

rstra
Grand Master

@SHGENX  5G can be turned off.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Do you know how? Thank you

SHGENX
Grasshopper

Do you know how?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Login to 10.0.0.1 and select Connection/WiFi, then click...

rstra
Grand Master

@SHGENX  Login to 10.0.0.1 and select Connection/WiFi, then click Edit beside the 5 GHz network and then select Disable.

Jump to solution

So I did this a couple weeks ago to set up some smart bul...

James313
Grasshopper

@rstra So I did this a couple weeks ago to set up some smart bulbs. Now the 5G no longer works even when you enable it? If I restart the modem the 5G band will appear for 10 seconds or so but then disappears and everything just connects to the 2.4 band. Any idea how I get the 5G to function properly?

TALK TO US
We're here to help