How can I get my Arris XB6 exchanged for the Technicolor

Not applicable

shaw-moderator

What is the process or what do I need to do to get my POS Arris XB6 modem swapped for the Technicolor one?

Can an arrangement be made to ship me one?

Labels (2)
21 Replies

Re: How can I get my Arris XB6 exchanged for the Technicolor

thaya258
Grasshopper

The XB6 modem has been nothing but trouble since upgrading my plan to internet 300 (600). I also want to switch to the Technicolor CGM4141 with the Broadcom chipset rather than the Arris TG3482.

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

Hey kevinds and thaya258,

I haven't heard of any news about a new modem becoming available. If/when there is one, we will post the available upgrade options on www.shaw.ca.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

shaw-tony wrote:

Hey kevinds and thaya258,

I haven't heard of any news about a new modem becoming available. If/when there is one, we will post the available upgrade options on www.shaw.ca.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

Seriously shaw-tony‌ ?

https://community.shaw.ca/docs/DOC-14080

Arris TG3482 or Technicolor CGM4141

Other than the newest model picture/description, there is nothing on www.shaw.ca about upgrade options.  For example, a customer loading the page that has the Hitron or Cisco modems, there is absolutely nothing about upgrades.

shaw-tony

kevinds oh my bad! The details were recently released but the modems are not widely available. When we ship out any new XB6 modems, you may receive an Arris TG3482 or Technicolor CGM4141. There isn't anything different about the XB6 modems other than a different chipset/model number.

0 Kudos

sunny5125
Grasshopper

literally just disconnected 3x at 3:30 am, the arris modem just rebooted randomly 3x on it's own. tired of the packet loss that randomly happens as well. do you think that the technicolor modem will be more reliable than this trash arris xb6?

0 Kudos

Not applicable

shaw-tony wrote:

kevinds oh my bad! The details were recently released but the modems are not widely available. When we ship out any new XB6 modems, you may receive an Arris TG3482 or Technicolor CGM4141. There isn't anything different about the XB6 modems other than a different chipset/model number.

I am aware of the differences..  It has been my experience though that Broadcom makes much better chipsets and Operating Systems than Intel does...

Yes, while the Puma7 (Arris XB6) is better than the Puma6 (Hitron), it still has the Puma issues, among other stupid defects, why I call it a POS.

There isn't anything 'different' from a GMC 1/2 ton truck and a Toyota 1/2 ton truck other than engine and model number either I suppose?

thaya258
Grasshopper

shaw-tony‌ yeah I am sick and tired of my internet dropping out and preventing me from doing work. I work from home and the XB6 has been a disaster to deal with. My infrastructure is setup solid except Shaw's internet and POS modem. 

It is the worst piece of hardware I have ever owned and its just unacceptable. I really want to switch to the Technicolor CGM4141 since I believe it will rectify the issues. Hitron is out of the question since it doesn't support the 600 speeds.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

If your internet is dropping out and modem is flapping with Arris, it will most likely also drop out with the Technicolor.   Request a service call for a tech visit.  Have the CSR to note in the service call to bring Technicolor XB6 for swap.

thaya258
Grasshopper

Well can't say that for sure because different chipset in the modems...Generally Broadcom chipset has been more stable.

Anyways, I already booked for a tech to visit. I will reply back if it's been resolved. The issue is Shaw cannot distinguish between the two models in their inventory. So customers can't specifically request for the Technicolor, I already tried 3 times....

TALK TO US
We're here to help