Internet 300 with Arris XB6 Modem - Massive Ping Spikes

Not applicable

Hi,

I have Shaw Internet 300 with an Arris XB6 Modem. Some days I get massive ping spikes happening every 15 minutes. With a ping tester it looks something like this:Black Line represents a massive ping spike - kicks me from any online game or voice call

I'm getting spikes of sometimes over 2000 ms, both on Ethernet and WiFi. As a gamer, these ping spikes completely disconnect you from all online games except for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive(because it has a disconnect fail-safe.) I've rebooted the modem many times, only for the issues to come back within hours. I've recreated these issues on both my Xbox and PC with over 20 different multiplayer games. I have no internet speed issues, getting easily over 350 Mbps download on Ethernet and over 100 Mbps on WiFi.

This has been going on for a few months now, with some weeks seeing no issues and others having online games be unplayable.

More images:Another massive ping spike.

Perfectly fine then an abrupt ping spike.

Any help would be appreciated!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Internet 300 with Arris XB6 Modem - Massive Ping Spikes

Not applicable

Very common issue with the XB6, you're best bet is to 1) get another router  and bridge to the xb6 or 2) phone up shaw and explain the issue and ask for another modem/router or 3) get the old hitron modem/router and take the speed loss.

Re: Internet 300 with Arris XB6 Modem - Massive Ping Spikes

Not applicable

Thank you for your help! Will most likely just try asking for a new modem/router.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help