Jump to solution

Mail now says Shaw suspected junk mail

rgreen
Grasshopper

Some mail is now labeled as “Shaw suspected junk mail”. Most of this mail is mail I want and had received in my inbox for many months/years. Something has changed but not by me. How can I ensure that wanted email is directed to my inbox?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: Mail now says Shaw suspected junk mail

shaw-tamara

Hi  

We apologize for the troubles with this. Unfortunately there are times where our spam filters do mark items as spam in error - this would be a false positive. When you contacted us, did you provide any examples to the tech support team? We do have a process in place to escalate emails that are being flagged in error but it does require that we confirm some personal account details and get the examples, so it would be best to talk to tech support directly. If you've already done that, then please note that it can take a bit of time for the escalation to be processed, but hopefully we can get this fixed for you soon. 

View solution in original post

31 Replies
Jump to solution

shaw-tony

Hey rgreen,

Thank you for reaching out! You can certainly set up filters to whitelist the email domain so they do not get marked as spam. Please try the steps here and let me know how it goes.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

astraea
Grasshopper

I hope the OP's problem was solved because no-one and nothing is solving my problem.  I need the spam tag from these emails removed immediately. "support@tanyackd.groups.io" <digestnoreply@groups.io>

I've been asking for 2 weeks. I chatted, I called, I tweeted.  I regularly email the Reporting email address to no avail.

I have changed my filters.  I have tried re-routing through gmail.  I have tried creating rules.  Nothing is working.  It is a tech issue and needs to be fixed.  I have been receiving those emails for 7 years with pretty much no issue.  It's enough to make me change ISPs.  Seriously.

Jump to solution

shaw-tamara

Hi  

We apologize for the troubles with this. Unfortunately there are times where our spam filters do mark items as spam in error - this would be a false positive. When you contacted us, did you provide any examples to the tech support team? We do have a process in place to escalate emails that are being flagged in error but it does require that we confirm some personal account details and get the examples, so it would be best to talk to tech support directly. If you've already done that, then please note that it can take a bit of time for the escalation to be processed, but hopefully we can get this fixed for you soon. 

Jump to solution

Tony, I went to 'here' as you suggested and there's nothi...

Rob_Shirra
Grasshopper

Tony, I went to 'here' as you suggested and there's nothing 'there' about how to white list an email address!  Can you be more specific??

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

In your Webmail preferences, you can whitelist email addr...

shaw-valerie

@Rob_Shirra In your Webmail preferences, you can whitelist email addresses or domains under 'Trusted Addresses' 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thank you.

Rob_Shirra
Grasshopper

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I have done this and it does not change the labeling.  Sh...

helmsman88
Grasshopper

I have done this and it does not change the labeling.  Shaw needs to add an option to ignore the spam filter and just pass the emails through to the user and let the user sort it out.  As another poster stated, "I have been receiving those emails for 7 years with pretty much no issue.  It's enough to make me change ISPs.  Seriously."

Jump to solution

part of CASL we are committed to reducing the harmful eff...

shaw-tony

@helmsman88 part of CASL we are committed to reducing the harmful effects of spam and related threats. The whitelisting should work if you add their email address to the list. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Webmail App needs improving

tdhargraves
Grasshopper

Yes adding emails to the white list prevents the 'suspected junk mail' tag. But why aren't my contacts already in there? I think my contacts should be above suspicion, don't you?

TALK TO US
We're here to help