Moca disabled on XB6

fleurymd
Grasshopper

Hi, earlier this year, after reading much online and on this forum, I purchased 2 Actiontec 2.5 Moca Adapters. Since moving into my small 2 story home WiFi has been terrible. About 3 years ago I was supplied with an XB6 modem/router. The WiFi did not improve. During the last 2 years with so many working from home my WiFi is 300 one minute and 6 the next. The router is in the 2nd floor office and the main TV downstairs. Moca was working great and I had consistent numbers then something happened and it all dropped. Two days ago I was supplied with a replacement XB6. But as many times I tried to enable Moca, it would not work. After lengthy discussion with Tech support I was advised Shaw has turned off Moca capability. The tech kept asking "why I wanted Moca". Nothing nefarious just better wifi.. Recently I also learned Shaw distributes only used or refurbished equipment. I knew this was a possibility a couple years ago but now it's standard practice to advise the customer they are receiving "New" and it's not. Has anyone else experienced the Moca change or used equipment?

Labels (2)
2 Replies

My wireless tv players and XB7 modem/router were all bran...

rickatk
Master

@fleurymd My wireless tv players and XB7 modem/router were all brand new. 

0 Kudos

Are they just quietly disabling moca now?? I've noticed i...

r1b5
Grasshopper

Are they just quietly disabling moca now?? I've noticed it's been auto-disabling every few days. However, as of tonight, it's much worse. The Gateway portal shows moca as enabled, yet I still have the red X of unavailability. I guess they want us to buy third party equipment!

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help