More spam recently?

mbir
Grasshopper

I am starting to see a large amount of spam being sent to shaw e-mail addresses following a similar pattern including:

• Subject follows a pattern of
    • a couple of numbers
    • a separator (hyphen or colon)
    • some text
  • e-mail contents seem to have some hidden HTML tags and generic text

Some are being identified as Spam by shaw filtering others have not.  I have forwarded the details per this document

How to report email spam by sending email headers | Shaw Support

The question I have is whether I really need to extract the headers out as if I forward the e-mail as an attachment it would include the headers.  I guess it depends if the process is automated or manual but wondered if forwarding helps without copying the headers.

As well, is there something that can be done about what appears to be this ongoing spam (and maybe beyond just the tagging)?

thanks

Tags (1)
5 Replies

Re: More spam recently?

Not applicable

I'm also seeing an increase in Spam that isn't being caught by Shaw's filters.  4 so far today, with the patterns described above.

mrme
Grasshopper

I am also experiencing a sharp increase in Spam emails as described above.  What is most annoying is that I have done absolutely nothing differently with respect to my email habits, this has just started up the last few months.  I am glad it's not just me having the issues, but more importantly, I wish the issue would just stop.

fenzee
Grasshopper

Ditto for me... same type of emails, with the numbers at the start of the subject, they've been flooding in for the last month or so.

gdk
Grasshopper

Getting lots of weird SPAM and junk lately too. Subjects are usually something like

173-Re: Ich habe es!

580bFw: Nachrichten:

8a9nützliche Informationen!

All of our SHAW email accounts are getting this. Cmon shaw, you can fix it.

0 Kudos

mbir
Grasshopper

While it appears to have slowed down, I am curious if Shaw fixed anything or just something ended.

Anyone from Shaw able to answer?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help