Jump to solution

New address, no coverage

Sadman
Grasshopper

I’m moving to a new town that Shaw doesn’t provide service to.  But they still demand I pay a cancellation fee of almost 450$ even though they won’t provide me service anymore? 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

-- have you talked with Shaw Direct? They can install a s...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Sadman -- have you talked with Shaw Direct? They can install a satellite-dish for your TV needs. Maybe, they can waive the cancellation fee?

Or, see: Rural High-Speed Internet Provider in Canada | Xplornet  for Internet via satellite.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Jump to solution

oops never mind I answered on duplicate thread

g-idk
Master

oops never mind I answered on duplicate thread

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Apparently I’m New to the internet 🤦‍♂️   Accidentally p...

Sadman
Grasshopper

Apparently I’m New to the internet 🤦‍♂️   Accidentally posted twice when I thought the last post didn’t go through 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Didn’t mean to put that make sign in there either.  How d...

Sadman
Grasshopper

Didn’t mean to put that make sign in there either.  How do I remove a post from this. Hahaha

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Hi again  , there used to be a edit function but looks li...

g-idk
Master

Hi again @Sadman , there used to be a edit function but looks like it has been removed 😕.  Maybe mention to Shaw about the Landlord/Shaw deal and how you couldn't have one without the other.  Well just a thought, don't think it will hold much water though.  Good Luck Stay Safe.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Ehhhhh. Not much use in fighting.  I’ll just pay. Share t...

Sadman
Grasshopper

Ehhhhh. Not much use in fighting.  I’ll just pay. Share the story on feeds as another story about some of the foul companies out there

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- have you talked with Shaw Direct? They can install a s...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Sadman -- have you talked with Shaw Direct? They can install a satellite-dish for your TV needs. Maybe, they can waive the cancellation fee?

Or, see: Rural High-Speed Internet Provider in Canada | Xplornet  for Internet via satellite.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I am looking into it. But to be honest I have had used Sh...

Sadman
Grasshopper

I am looking into it. But to be honest I have had used Shaw satellite service in the past when working up north... and it stunk.  I had a hard enough time trying to figure out how to get my cablebox running when the kids wanted to watch cartoons.   Hahaha. I already know I wouldn’t be able to keep the satellite service working proper

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Just wishing my landlord hadnt forced me to sign on with...

Sadman
Grasshopper

Just wishing my landlord hadnt forced me to sign on with Shaw. It was hard enough finding housing in my city. Let alone having to deal with being forced into contracts by Shaw employees. Sucks.  

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Not sure why it says question resolved. It’s not really r...

Sadman
Grasshopper

Not sure why it says question resolved. It’s not really resolved. I’ll post the situation again to clear things up

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help