no service even after THREE technicians, yet I am still paying?

KCT777
Grasshopper

just recently switch from Telus to Shaw+ Ignite 1.5gbps , and I am having the worst experience possible. First technician came to hook everything up, spent hours trying to make it work, and ultimate it did work but apparently it wasn't up to par, so he said someone else will come at a later day to patch it up. Same day, Shaw canceled my previous provider for me which in hindsight was the worst  idea ever. I didn't mind much at the time, as Shaw's internet was working just fine.

Fast forward several days, the second technician came randomly,  did something that I didn't quite know what which completely killed my internet and just left. I am left dumbfounded and reached out to support, asking for immediate assistance and got ANOTHER technician to come check out 2 days later.

Third guy came, said nothing he can do because there is no signal and left, yet again leaving me with no internet and no ETA or clear next steps? Like what the hell am I supposed to do right now.

So now I am stuck, using my own mobile data to hotspot my WFH efforts, with no assistance from Shaw. This is absurd, and I am probably going to go right back to Telus. The level of support and communication is  horrendous. 

4 Replies

wrote: the second technician came randomly, did something...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@KCT777 wrote: the second technician came randomly, did something that I didn't quite know what which completely killed my Internet and just left. 

That is crazy. Did they not confirm that it was working before they left?

If you power-off the cable-modem, by removing its power-cord, and then reconnect it, does it restart properly, to finally show a few green-coloured lamps?

If you move the cable-modem to connect to a different wall-socket, does anything improve?

Third guy came, said nothing he can do because there is no signal and left.

Which lamps on the cable-modem are on, what are the labels for each lamp, and what colour are they?

Did the 2nd/3rd technicians access their "demarcation box" (they need to use their key to unlock it), and do something inside the box, e.g., replace a coaxial-splitter, disconnect some coaxial-cables?

Contact Support (1-888-472-2222) and ask the Agent to remotely logon to the cable-modem, just to see if they can connect to it?

Got any friends who also use Shaw/Rogers Internet? If you take your cable-modem (and power-cord) to their home, and connect it, instead of their own cable-modem, does your modem properly restart?

0 Kudos

If it not working soon.  There is 30 day money bsck guara...

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

If it not working soon.  There is 30 day money bsck guarateed from rogers together wuth shaw.   Just letting you know.  Maybe try to reset everything modem and tv box and replug it in.  Or there is no signal.  

0 Kudos

oh wow that’s crazy how do you end up making out. I thoug...

LongtimeLoyal
Grasshopper

oh wow that’s crazy how do you end up making out. I thought about switching to Telus after 30 years with Shaw today but as far as they know they’re still running copper lines out here and they don’t have the infrastructure my tenant was going to switch to tell us the other day and he’s looking for the copper lines I’m like oh brother this is such hocus-pocus he had Shaw just get the better modem he couldn’t get it two rooms down.  I’m truly sorry to hear about the frustrating experience you’re going through with Shaw’s internet service. It’s incredibly disheartening when you’re left without a reliable connection, especially after signing up. Let me address your concerns: Multiple Technician Visits: Having three technicians visit without a resolution is incredibly frustrating. Documenting everything, as you’ve done, is essential. Keep track of dates, times, and their actions. Internet Speed for a wild with speed test and Billing Issues: It’s unacceptable to pay for a premium service and not receive the expected speed, this has happened to be last upgrage. even a credit doesn’t address the current outage. Next Steps: Request a senior technician or escalate the issue further. Consider reaching out to Shaw on social media for more visibility. Calling the CRTC too. We should be able to talk to second level senior advisors and installers to help us because it's like the kindergarten circle if the guy you're talking to you doesn't know how to solve it he's not gonna know what to do to not be able to talk to the senior people. Like me I'm very experienced and it would be better if I could describe my problem to a senior level supervisor that's Technical Support but now they're not customer facing this is a problem for my situation I came here to look for somebody that might have a similar seeing this is very disheartening. Senior tax usually have more insight into complex issues. In my situation last week I renewed they gave me $100 credit to renew early which is weird to nine dollar movie credits and crave and for what there's no movies available that I want to watch for nine dollars and there was nothing on Crave that was new so I'm just baffled. And then my Internet stops working properly what the heck last week I could do this when I said I've had this outage I asked for a credit and then he's like oh we already just gave you a credit today I said well I never talk to anybody today I renewed last week and they gave me an early renewal credit that has nothing to do with the outage that is just over the top ridiculous And you can't even talk to a senior tech or even have a senior tech come out the first time this is a complex issue and I should be able to work with somebody to realize it's just not gonna be fixed easily I've had Tec out here too that couldn't solve things

0 Kudos

wrote: he couldn’t get it two rooms down. By "down", do y...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@LongtimeLoyal  wrote: he couldn’t get it two rooms down.

By "down", do you mean down-the-hall, on the same level of his home, or down-to-the-sub-basement-level of his home?

If the former, then what type of walls have been constructed?  Metal framing?  Also, what's on the walls, e.g., mirrors, wall-mounted art/TV ?

If the former, try laying the modem on its side, to change from "side-to-side" broadcasting of the wireless signals to "up-and-down" broadcasting. This might help.  🙂

My XB7 cable-modem supplies good WiFi both outside the front of my house & at the back (typical mid-1950s contruction house).  The cable-modem is roughly in the centre of the main level.  There also is good WiFi one floor below the cable-modem.

0 Kudos