Open Ports on Bluve Curve

sabres
Grasshopper

Having problems with opening ports on Blue Curve Modem

I opened a port some time ago and its still open but now I try to open 2 other ports and blue Curve shows they are open but they are not  ( https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ )

I used the open port Check tool online and it shows my original port is open but the 2 extra I set up show closed.

I called tech support but no one seems to be able to help.

Does anybody else have or had this problem or know how to fix it?

Labels (1)
11 Replies

you should be able to manage your ports through the BlueC...

shaw-tony

@sabres you should be able to manage your ports through the BlueCurve App or https://internet.shaw.ca/. You can find more info on BlueCurve advanced features here.

0 Kudos

-- Compare to the front-door of a bank and the door into...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@sabres -- Compare to the front-door of a bank and the door into the branch's cash-repository machine. The bank opened the front-door, to allow customers to enter the branch, but they did not unlock the door into the cash-repository machine. Simiilarly, while the TCP/IP port may be "open", to allow the traffic to go through the BlueCurve, your (presumably) Windows computer is running the (presumably) Windows Firewall, which has not "opened" the port to reach the application program that you are running.  So, "open" the port(s) on your (presumably) Windows Firewall, and redo the external scan.

0 Kudos

Im not using a computer to view the cameras. I am using a...

sabres
Grasshopper

Im not using a computer to view the cameras. I am using a mobile app which needs the open port for each camera.

The cameras don't connect because it shows the port closed. Yet they show  i have opened them on Blue Curve.

I suspect its a issue with the modem. 

0 Kudos

-- I suspect its a issue with the modem.  I disagree. A s...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@sabres -- I suspect its a issue with the modem. 

I disagree.

A status of "closed" implies that the target device responded to the incoming traffic with a "I refuse to connect" response.

On your cable-modem, what IP-address (192.168.0.xxx or 10.0.0.yyy) is consumed by a camera, and what port-number is "forwarded" to that specific IP-address?

Do each of the cameras have a unique port-number that they have "opened" (like unlocking your back door when you have guests in your back yard) or do all 3 cameras "open" the identical port-number?

If you make a WiFi connection from your mobile device to your cable-modem, then can you connect to each of the cameras, specifying the port-number and the "private" IP-address of each camera? (By being "inside" the same Local Area Network, you are not using the "port-forwarding" capabilities of your cable-modem.) Start your trouble-shooting from "inside" your L.A.N. and then disconnect from your WiFi network, and try to connect from "outside" of your L.A.N. to the "public" IP-address of your cable-modem.

0 Kudos

I have the cameras on 10.0.0.### and the all have a uniqu...

sabres
Grasshopper

I have the cameras on 10.0.0.### and the all have a unique Port set them.

If i use  the app and set the IPs to 10.0.0.## :8210 they work. while I,m on the local network. when I disconnect from the WiFi It does not connect. 

0 Kudos

I use my public IP and :8210 port and it wont connect.

sabres
Grasshopper

I use my public IP and :8210 port and it wont connect.

0 Kudos

-- I have the cameras on 10.0.0.### and the all have a un...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@sabres -- I have the cameras on 10.0.0.### and the all have a unique Port set them. If i use  the app and set the IPs to 10.0.0.## :8210 they work.

What do you mean by "unique" ?  Does each camera have a unique port-number, and a unique IP-address?

Or, do you have some device that "aggregates" the feeds from the camera, i.e., one screen on the device that shows 4 equal-sized windows? Does this device have its own IP-address? Does your app connect to this device, and shows all 4 windows, or lets you "maximize" one of the windows ? [Compare to Zoom using "speaker view" versus "gallery view".] Does this device record the 4 video-feeds?

0 Kudos

Each camera has its own ip and port# assigned to them. Th...

sabres
Grasshopper

Each camera has its own ip and port# assigned to them.

The app is on my phone and does not use a ip address its self. I have to direct it to my home external ip and set which port a camera is on.

When I set the app to go to a camera internally it works. but when outside the network it does not. So something must be blocking the ports.

Can Blue Curve assign a Pass-through  port?

0 Kudos

-- Each camera has its own ip and port# assigned I presum...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@sabres -- Each camera has its own ip and port# assigned

I presume that you have added, to the BlueCurve, one port-forwarding rule for each camera,

port 1820 -> 10.0.0.20

port 1821 -> 10.0.0.21

port 1822 -> 10.0.0.22

and that the app on your phone references each camera by its assigned port-number?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help