Jump to solution

Pinter connectivity with blue curve router

Roderick
Grasshopper

2.4 Ghz network printer won’t play nice with the blue curve router

I can’t be the first to encounter this issue and I’m hoping there is a viable, practical solution.

Our 2.4 Ghz printer does not want to connect to our devices since the upgrade to Fibre 300+ and blue curve router, is there  viable workaround or network adapter available?

Barring that, a decent quality printer available that will work with the router/network Etc  

Tia

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply, it turned out to be an ip addres...

Roderick
Grasshopper

Thank you for the reply, it turned out to be an ip address issue with the printer.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Jump to solution

This could be cause by the BlueCurve band steering. Here...

rstra
Grand Master

This could be cause by the BlueCurve band steering. Here is a link showing how you can separate the 2.4 and 5 GHz networks.

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/internet-articles/how-to-change-your-wifi-name-and-password-with-bluecurv...

Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply, it turned out to be an ip addres...

Roderick
Grasshopper

Thank you for the reply, it turned out to be an ip address issue with the printer.

Jump to solution

Glad you got it sorted out.

rstra
Grand Master

Glad you got it sorted out. 

Jump to solution

I'm having this exact issue with my 2.4 printer and it is...

Leeanne3
Grasshopper

I'm having this exact issue with my 2.4 printer and it is an IP address problem. 
Network is not assigning a proper IP address.
How did you resolve your issue?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- what is the manufacturer and model-number of your prin...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Leeanne3 -- what is the manufacturer and model-number of your printer?

Is the printer manually set to an IP-address, or does it automatically obtain an IP-address from the Shaw cable-modem?

Your previous cable-modem may have assigned IP-addresses like "192.168.xxx.yyy", but the BlueCurve assigns IP-addresses like "10.0.0.zzz".  What IP-address is your printer currently using?

Have you "uninstalled" the printer from your Windows computer, and then restarted your computer, and then tried to "add" the printer?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I just moved my internet service from Bell MTS to Shaw tw...

ericpoppleton
Grasshopper

I just moved my internet service from Bell MTS to Shaw two weeks ago.  Since that time I have not been able to print from any Macs, iPhones, or iPads on my home network, but I can print from windows computers.  Printer is a Brother HL-L5200DW, connected wirelessly.  IP address are assigned by the Shaw router.  We do have a Ubiquiti Wi-Fi access point with a different SSID.  Most network devices (including the wireless printer and all but one of the devices listed above) connect to that SSID because the Shaw router is in poor spot in the corner of the basement because of cable issues.  My Synology NAS has also been giving me grief since the Bell to Shaw switch.  I have to think something is very different about the Shaw service.  There are no dedicated IP address under the Shaw system, nor were there for Bell.  Everything just working before, now not so much.  Any advice?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help