So let me see if I understand your response correctly. I...

StoppedByShâw
Grasshopper

So let me see if I understand your response correctly.

I had my modem working correctly where port forwarding was working. Then Shaw "migrated" my settings without informing me and it broke port forwarding. Now the solution is to do factory modem reset?

Before I try I have a few questions:

• Will Shaw be migrating my settings again?
  • Did Shaw test using a device with a fixed IP? Did it work?

My fixed-IP devices are not being displayed in the manual set-up and the automatic migration has the two affected devices listed as Reserved IP Address. In short, the advice in that wizard dialog is wrong. My device is not displayed because it does not communicate with the DHCP server built-in to the modem.

Exactly! Support couldn't answer my questions and I had t...

Cchamber
Grasshopper

Exactly! Support couldn't answer my questions and I had to demand several times to escalate this issue and have a supervisor call me back. Guess what??? They said they there was nothing to escalate and the promised call back within 48 hours also did not happen. Great customer service.

After 4 factory resets, a modem replacement, 7 different customer service reps (Phone and chat) about 30 hrs in total of troubleshooting and a Shaw tech (he installed the replacement modem) that said this problem is definitely a software issue (there is one believer!!!), I have decided to abandoned the quest for an answer. I don't think the left hand knows what the right hand is doing in this case, and if they did, they dont seem forthcoming with any info that will help.

I can only suspect that they are in the process of limiting forwarding, or someone really messed up on a software update. About 15mins after installing the new modem, several options on the modem disappeared after the modem auto updated its software. To make this all go away, I will be installing my own router and setting the blue curve to bridge mode.

So frustrating 😞

I spent hours on the phone with shaw for the same reasons...

ispregrets
Grasshopper

I spent hours on the phone with shaw for the same reasons. I finally got through to a shaw customer advocate who told me that there is no solution and I can just spend my own money to put it in bridged mode. Didn't even give me a chance to respond before closing my ticket. 

I'm looking at third party shaw providers. I'm so done with this too.

0 Kudos

still does not work even through the app come on you guys...

denisegreening
Grasshopper

still does not work even through the app come on you guys get your ducks in a row and fix this it's been over a year

0 Kudos

did you get the bridge to work my does not and of course...

denisegreening
Grasshopper

did you get the bridge to work my does not and of course port forwarding does not work on the gateway 

0 Kudos

Mine isnt working either  :( I did have it working for a...

Calahorn
Grasshopper

Mine isnt working either  😞
I did have it working for a few days, but now nothing.  I've tested it from one machine to another internally (to make sure the firewall lets it through) and I'm able to get in.  As soon as I try the external address (or have someone from the outside test it) it no longer works.  I've factory reset my gateway, and tried re-adding the port forwarding settings but it still doesn't work.  At this point I'm just trying to get port 80 to work (forget port 443)....

I miss my Hitron modem  😞

0 Kudos

just thought i share this: im running a web server and a...

MR177
Grasshopper

just thought i share this:

im running a web server and a gaming server at my home, both on their own virtual machine.

after 'blue curve' switched itself to 'ignite' the required port forwarding did not work anymore.

all VMs were running but i could not actually get the the websites or to the gameserver.

i could get into the port forwarding settings in the app, but could only add 1 port fwd, not 2 or more. that is weird.

was on the phone for more than an hour, but of course they do not and cannot help as the staff actually does not have any knowledge in this regard.

what worked was a factory reset initiated by the shaw support staff. do that, then after you reset your modem ssid and password to back whatever you had it, then reboot all your machines.

then go back into the ignite app, and add all your port fwds again.

hope this works for you as well.

I am also having problems port forwarding to a specific g...

Whistlerwilly
Grasshopper

I am also having problems port forwarding to a specific game which isn't in the list under advanced. I spent 2 hours with support and the answer I got was it is not possible with the modem I got, the TG 4482. So now I am paying to rent a modem which won't do what I need it to do. I am not happy as the only solution is to buy my own modem. Wish they would come up with a solution or they will be losing customers and I have no complaints about the internet other than that.

0 Kudos

-- the modem I got, the TG 4482.  I doubt that Rogers/Sha...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Whistlerwilly -- the modem I got, the TG 4482. 

I doubt that Rogers/Shaw will allow you to connect your own cable-modem to their network.

If you pay for the 1.5 Gbit/second service, Shaw/Rogers will upgrade you to the Shaw XB8 (or whatever alias that Rogers uses for this device). Then, port-forwarding should work. If you pay for the 1.0 Gbps service, you'll get the XB7.

0 Kudos

A lot of people have posted that there are challenges wit...

rstra
Grand Master

@Whistlerwilly  A lot of people have posted that there are challenges with port forwarding the Ignite Gateways. Your best bet is to put your XB7 in to bridge mode and buy a third party router that is better equipped to handle port forwarding.    

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help