PS5 Won’t Load Content Properly Over Ethernet On XB7

Jargo
Grasshopper

I've been getting this issue where content on the PS5 won't load properly like the store or my friends list even though I'm connected online. It would cause problems like voice chat or game invites not working, even when I can connect to a multiplayer game or other things that require a network connection.

This started around early December. I've done all the troubleshooting I can at this point: different ethernet cables, different ports on the XB7, factory resetting the XB7, factory resetting the PS5 etc. I've also brought my PS5 over to a friend's place with a different ISP and modem/router and haven't had any issues over ethernet or wifi so it's not a problem with my PS5.

I've had a Shaw tech come by and replace the XB7 after he saw the problems happen, that didn't fix it either. I'm on my third XB7 now (replaced previously for another issue) and it's getting really frustrating.

I've narrowed it down to this only happening when on ethernet on the PS5, none of my other devices ethernet or wifi are having issues. With the PS5 over wifi I'm not getting the problem either but download speeds are much slower so I would like to be hardwired in. The only thing I haven't been able to test yet is getting my own router, putting the XB7 into bridge mode, and go from there. I think that's really my only option now, but if anyone else had this problem and knows of a fix or work around, any help would be greatly appreciated.

the XB7's current firmware is: CGM4331COM_5.2p21s1_PROD_sey

Store items won't loadStore items won't loadMessages won't load iconsMessages won't load iconsFriends list won't load entirelyFriends list won't load entirelyCertain items from the store won't loadCertain items from the store won't load

Labels (2)
2 Replies

-- Experiment: configure the cable-modem into "bridged"...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Jargo -- Experiment:

1. configure the cable-modem into "bridged" mode.
  2. disconnect all Ethernet-connected devices from your mode.
  3. power-off your PS.
  4. power-off the cable-modem, by unplugging the power-cord.
  5. connect the PS via Ethernet to the cable-modem.
  6. power-on the cable-modem.
  7. power-on the PS.

Better? Good downloads? Error-messages?

Of course, none of your other computers/devices will have Internet access during this "experiment".  So, do a "factory reset" on the cable-modem, and then reconnect your Ethernet cables.

The above experiment does NOT require that you purchase a third-party router.  🙂

Tell us how it goes.

0 Kudos

Not sure if you still are having this issue but I do thin...

Jeblers
Grasshopper

Not sure if you still are having this issue but I do think I found a solution. I have been having the same problems since late 2022. It does seem to be an IPv6 issue but it is not possible to disable through the XB7 with Shaw.

I think I have found a workaround by logging into the admin portal (10.0.0.1), then using the left menu click Gateway > Connection > Local IP. It will bring up your IPv4 & IPv6 setting.

Under IPv6 unclick Stateful (Use DHCP Server), then click the "save settings" button. After that is finished reset your modem and voila! No more issues of not loading images under the PS Store or the PS Store not loading at all.

0 Kudos