Jump to solution

Quota warning

habib786
Grasshopper

Why am I receiving these emails below continueously?

I have unlimited data then why these

This is an auto-generated message, please do not respond.
Your mailbox size has reached 964.62MB, which is over 90% of your 1000.00MB quota.
Please delete some messages to avoid exceeding your quota.
Please be advised that it may be necessary to log into webmail.shaw.ca if your email client is not set up to delete messages from the server.

For additional support to help cleanup your mailbox please visit the following
Shaw Communities Website

Need help? Get in Touch

Thank you for choosing Shaw!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

that is indeed a phishing attempt. Please report that hea...

shaw-tony

@DB1962 that is indeed a phishing attempt. Please report that header to reportspam@shaw.ca. You can find more details about potential scams to avoid here.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Jump to solution

This is a warning regarding your email, not your data. Ev...

rstra
Grand Master

This is a warning regarding your email, not your data. Everyone is subject to a 1 gig email storage limit. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I keep receiving the same warning by email, as per screen...

DB1962
Grasshopper

I keep receiving the same warning by email, as per screen shot below, even though I am only using 20% of my quota.  I did not use the link within the email  "LOG IN HERE" in case it's a scam. Rather, I checked my quota by logging into my Shaw webmail.

The email was received from this address:"Messages Undelivered Mailer Deamon" <tremayne18t4y43km@hotmail.com>

Your Inbox is full and you need to LOG IN HERE because your email client is not set up to delete messages from the server. 

For extra support to help cleanup your mailbox, visit the Security & Compliance Center. 

Please dο nοt reply tο this email. 

Emails sent tο this address will nοt be answered.
Thank you for choosing our services.

Support Team @2020

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Ya, that’s a scam, Shaw wouldn’t email from a Hotmail acc...

rstra
Grand Master

Ya, that’s a scam, Shaw wouldn’t email from a Hotmail account.

Jump to solution

> Your Inbox is full and you need to < LOG IN HERE > That...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> Your Inbox is full and you need to < LOG IN HERE >

That URL (that I removed) points to a compromised web-site in BRASIL -- definitely not a Shaw web-site. Strike One!

Also, that web-page is no longer available.  Strike two!

> Thank you for choosing our services.  Support Team 2020.

That is NOT how Shaw would add a signature" to a message -- it does not include the word "Shaw".  Strike three!

Hint: if you receive such a "suspicious" message, leave it for a few days, for a "computerphile" recipient of the same message to have time to inform the system-administrator of the web-site (in BRASIL) and allowing time for that person to remediate the web-site. Later, when you click on the URL, you probably will get a "page/pagina not found".  Strike four!

Jump to solution

that is indeed a phishing attempt. Please report that hea...

shaw-tony

@DB1962 that is indeed a phishing attempt. Please report that header to reportspam@shaw.ca. You can find more details about potential scams to avoid here.

Jump to solution

Thanks for all of the prompt info   I now know what other...

DB1962
Grasshopper

Thanks for all of the prompt info 😀  I now know what other things to watch for to determine if it's a phishing attempt. I will report the header!

Jump to solution

Thanks for the tip about phishing .  I missed the url and...

Barbara14
Grasshopper

Thanks for the tip about phishing .  I missed the url and when I went back the e-mail had miraculously disappeared!!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I receive these emails regularly now as I approach the 1...

dwiggers
Grasshopper

I receive these emails regularly now as I approach the 1 GB limit on email. The confusing part now, is that it comes formatted just like the OP. It comes from noreply at shaw dot ca, which the support agent says, makes it a phishing email. Apparently it should only ever come from postmaster at shaw dot ca, without any links in the body. However, all the information and links within the email are correct. I am indeed nearing my quota. The link to reach login is indeed webmail dot shaw dot ca. None of the links within the email take me anywhere other than a secure Shaw server.

As I told the support agent, the only remaining possibility is that their information is outdated. Can we say Occam's Razor anyone.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

--  It comes from noreply at shaw dot ca, which the suppo...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@dwiggers --  It comes from noreply at shaw dot ca, which the support agent says, makes it a phishing email

In my opinion, that Agent gave you incorrect information.

Within Shaw WebMail, move the mouse-pointer to the left, over the name of one your folders (Inbox, Sent, et cetera), and let it "hover" there. Soon, a pop-up balloon will state something like "123 messages occupying 456 megabytes", showing which folder occupies the largest part of your "quota".

Hint: if you open your "Sent" folder, do you see any messages that you have sent with a large attachment? If so, and you still have a copy of the file that you attached, open the message, and then you can choose to click to "remove" the attachment, and then "close" the message. It will be written back to your "Sent" folder, but at a much-smaller size.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help