Jump to solution

Renewing my Shaw McAfee

merrymermaid
Grasshopper

Hi, I have a notice on my Shaw McAfee that my subscription expires on 14/09/2019 and asking me to BUY now for uninterrupted protection.  This has always been a FREE subscription/feature for me with all the years I've been a Shaw customer.  Could someone please explain or could one of your employees send me a private email.  Thanks.  

Labels (1)
5 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Have you tried downloading the free software from Shaw, u...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Have you tried downloading the free software from Shaw, uninstalling the currently-installed version, rebooting, installing from the download, and then rebooting after, to activate the new version?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Just when I thought it was safe to "let go" ;-)   Don't k...

merrymermaid
Grasshopper

Just when I thought it was safe to "let go" 😉   Don't know how I ever found it but last night I located my Shaw Support comments from last year when I tried to uninstall and then reinstall Shaw McAfee.  It was a nightmare so I won't do it again, especially now that I have a new desktop computer and after all the problems I had with my previous computer shortly following trying the uninstall/reinstall thing.  

Once my McAfee subscription expires in another couple weeks, I may end up just buying a new subscription.  Could someone please let me know what methods of payment are accepted, can I have this charged to my monthly Shaw bill?  Thanks.  

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

the version of McAfee we provide is free of charge.  is c...

shaw-tony

@merrymermaid the version of McAfee we provide is free of charge. @mdk is correct with the steps in uninstalling/reinstalling it. If you are looking to subscribe to McAfee directly, you can find more information here.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I know this is over a year old, but this just happened to...

mhanrahan
Grasshopper

I know this is over a year old, but this just happened to me, and this post came up in my search for a solution.  Before going through the hassle of downloading, uninstalling and re-installing, click on the McAfee logo in your system tray, then select "Verify my subscription".   (https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/articleview?locale=&articleId=TS102158).  Worked for me.

Jump to solution

I have received that quite a few times, but it has automa...

Tas
Grasshopper

I have received that quite a few times, but it has automatically renewed each time.

6 Replies
Jump to solution

Have you tried downloading the free software from Shaw, u...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Have you tried downloading the free software from Shaw, uninstalling the currently-installed version, rebooting, installing from the download, and then rebooting after, to activate the new version?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thanks so much for your suggestion reply, Grasshopper.  I...

merrymermaid
Grasshopper

Thanks so much for your suggestion reply, Grasshopper.  I now remember this is what I had to do last year to renew my Shaw McAfee so I'll give it a whirl 😌  

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Just when I thought it was safe to "let go" ;-)   Don't k...

merrymermaid
Grasshopper

Just when I thought it was safe to "let go" 😉   Don't know how I ever found it but last night I located my Shaw Support comments from last year when I tried to uninstall and then reinstall Shaw McAfee.  It was a nightmare so I won't do it again, especially now that I have a new desktop computer and after all the problems I had with my previous computer shortly following trying the uninstall/reinstall thing.  

Once my McAfee subscription expires in another couple weeks, I may end up just buying a new subscription.  Could someone please let me know what methods of payment are accepted, can I have this charged to my monthly Shaw bill?  Thanks.  

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

the version of McAfee we provide is free of charge.  is c...

shaw-tony

@merrymermaid the version of McAfee we provide is free of charge. @mdk is correct with the steps in uninstalling/reinstalling it. If you are looking to subscribe to McAfee directly, you can find more information here.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I know this is over a year old, but this just happened to...

mhanrahan
Grasshopper

I know this is over a year old, but this just happened to me, and this post came up in my search for a solution.  Before going through the hassle of downloading, uninstalling and re-installing, click on the McAfee logo in your system tray, then select "Verify my subscription".   (https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/articleview?locale=&articleId=TS102158).  Worked for me.

Jump to solution

I have received that quite a few times, but it has automa...

Tas
Grasshopper

I have received that quite a few times, but it has automatically renewed each time.

TALK TO US
We're here to help